The Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois has wrapped up its annual Girl Scout Cookie Program. The following girls were the council's Top 15 Cookie Sellers for 2014:
1. Elizabeth Busboom, Plano, 1,867 boxes
Contact information ( * required )
2. Kaitlyn Lozada, Warren, 1,805 boxes
3. Amber Arnold, Aurora, 1,613 boxes
4. Samantha Stebbings, Crystal Lake, 1,516 boxes
5. Marissa Dambra, Streamwood, 1,507 boxes
6. Kayla Mele, Streamwood, 1,507 boxes
7. Schuyler Podolski, Chana, 1,501 boxes
8. Grace Beem, Batavia, 1,500 boxes
9. Molly Boerner, Plano, 1,500 boxes
10. Kathryn Casey, Batavia, 1,500 boxes
11. Hayden Harms, Rochelle, 1,500 boxes
12. Hailey Miller, Rochelle, 1,500 boxes
13. Morgan Pittman, Plano, 1,500 boxes
14. Rylin Tabor, Rochelle, 1,500 boxes
15. Kelly Thoman, Batavia, 1,500 boxes
Proceeds from the Girl Scout Cookie Program directly benefit girls in northern Illinois, supporting Girl Scout programs, camp scholarships, volunteer training, membership assistance, and outreach programs. Each troop receives a portion of the proceeds as discretionary funds for troop activities. In fact, the Girl Scout Cookie Program is one of the few youth-oriented programs in the country providing its participants the ability to decide how to direct the proceeds generated through their business activity.
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois serves over 17,000 girls and 4,000 adult volunteers in parts or all of Boone, Carroll, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Jo Daviess, Kane, Kendall, Lake, LaSalle, Lee, McHenry, Ogle, Stephenson, Whiteside, and Winnebago counties.
Through the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, girls in kindergarten through 12th grade are engaged in discovering themselves, connecting with others, and taking action to make the world a better place. Girls develop leadership potential by participating in age-appropriate activities that enable them to discover their values, skills, and the world around them. Activities in science and technology, business and economic literacy, and outdoor and environmental awareness provide girls with opportunities for fun and friendship while fostering the development of leadership skills and self-esteem.
For more information on how to join, volunteer, reconnect or donate to Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois, visit www.girlscoutsni.org or call (800) 242-5591.