• Authors Vince Vieceli and Bill Brady discuss and sign copies of their new book, "Stand-Up Comedy in Chicago," from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Monday April 21, at Zanies Comedy Club, 1548 N. Wells St., Chicago. Books will be available for purchase at the event. For information, call (312) 337-4027 or visit zanies.com.
• Meet author James Klise as he reads from and signs copies of his middle-grade novel "The Art of Secrets" at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Meet author Ridley Pearson as he reads from and signs copies of his book "The Insider," the conclusion in the Kingdom Keepers middle-grade fantasy series, at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 23, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• "The Cold Nowhere" author Brian Freeman discusses and signs copies of his book, the sixth installment in his Jonathan Stride series, at 1 p.m. Thursday, April 24, at the Vernon Area Public Library District, 300 Olde Half Day Road, Lincolnshire. Free. Box lunches are included. Books will be available for purchase. No walk-ins allowed at the event. Call (224) 543-1485, visit vapld.info or register in person at the library's public services desk.
• Author and poet Matt Rasmussen will read from and discuss his works, including his book "Black Aperture," at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 24, in Building H, Room H142, at Elgin Community College, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin. The event is part of the college's Writer Center Reading Series. Free and open to the public. Books will be available for purchase and signing. For reservations and information, contact Rachael Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• James W. Graham discusses and signs copies of his book "Victura: The Kennedys, a Sailboat and the Sea" at 6:30 p.m. Friday, April 25, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or visit thebookstall.com.
• Marisa McClellan, author of "Food in Jars," talks about the canning process and the art of food preservation at 11 a.m. Saturday, April 26, at the Warren-Newport Public Library District, 224 N. O'Plaine Road, Gurnee. Books will be available for purchase and signing after the author's presentation. Register at (847) 244-5150, ext. 4, or wnpl.info.