Lombard Cruise Nights will begin its 16th season, dubbed "License to Cruise," June 7 with its traditional Welcome Back Weekend.
Cruise nights will be from 6 to 10 p.m. Saturdays, June 7 to Aug. 30, except for July 5, in the village's downtown.
Contact information ( * required )
Participants are invited to park along St. Charles Road from Main Street to Elizabeth, which also is the main thoroughfare for the event. Cars also are invited to park along Park Avenue and in several parking lots within the "Cruise Zone" along St. Charles Road. Event volunteers will help assist with designating parking spots.
Organizers ask that Cruise Nights visitors and cruise cars not park in the designated spots before 4 p.m., because many of them are used as customer parking for local businesses. The village also asks patrons of the event to avoid blocking entrances to businesses that remain open during the event.
This year's entertainment lineup includes:
• June 7: "Flashback '50s" D.J. -- Welcome Back Weekend
• June 14: DuPage -- Healthy Lombard night
• June 21: The StingRays
• June 28: The Sundance Band
• July 12: Project 7x
• July 19: Featuring "Flashback '50s" D.J. -- Germanfest Weekend
• July 26: 7DEEZ
• Aug. 2: American English -- Lombard Jaycees night
• Aug. 9: Downtown Movie Night, sponsored by Lombard Town Centre
• Aug. 16: Evolution
• Aug. 23: 7th Heaven -- Mayor's Night!
• Aug. 30: Neverly Brothers -- Cruiser Appreciation Weekend
The village also is seeking additional volunteers. Organizers are looking to expand the volunteer base to make sure downtown stays clean and cruise cars park legally. To volunteer at any of the Cruise Nights, email email@example.com.
For more information, go to www.villageoflombard.org/cruisenights or call (630) 620-5718. Residents and visitors also can pick up Cruise Nights schedules in the main vestibule at the village hall, 255 E. Wilson Ave.