• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• An Arlington Heights man arranged via Craigslist to purchase two gift cards valued at $850 and $580. He met with the male scammer around 4:55 p.m. April 13 at the Metra depot, 45 W. Northwest Hwy. The victim verified that the cards had money on them and purchased them. When he attempted to use the cards, he learned they had been reported lost/stolen and therefore had a zero balance and could not be used.
• Thieves stole scrap metal valued at $300 between 6:30 p.m. April 16 and 7 a.m. April 17 on the 100 block of North Hickory.
• Thieves stole a purse between 3 and 3:15 p.m. April 15 from a customer at Savers, 780 W. Dundee Road. Contents included cash, an e-reader, digital camera, credit/debit cards, and driver's license. Value was estimated at $550.
• Thieves stole a gray mountain bike valued at $200 between 7:15 a.m. and 7 p.m. April 15 from a bike rack at the Metra depot, 45 W. Northwest Hwy. The lock and chain were also missing.
• Thieves stole a wallet valued at $25 between 5:30 and 7:20 p.m. April 14 out of a customer's purse at Ross Dress For Less, 370 E. Rand Road. Someone used credit cards in the wallet to make purchases valued at $1,000 at the Apple Store in Northbrook.
• Burglars stole an iPad around 12:30 p.m. April 16 out of an unlocked car on the 1600 block of South Route 59.
• A vandal hurled a piece of concrete around 9 a.m. April 12 that smashed the rear window and damaged the rear passenger's-side door on a BMW on the 1500 block of Longmeadow Lane. Damage was estimated at $2,500.
• A Des Plaines woman lost $10,580 after she received a phone call around 4 p.m. March 28 from a man claiming that she had qualified to receive grant money and needed to purchase a MoneyPak card and give the card's ID to the caller. She was called repeatedly through April 4, and she continued to send money.
• Thieves stole $10,117 between 2:30 and 2:57 p.m. April 4 after the victim wrapped the money in a rubber band and placed it in his Jeep's driver's-side front door pocket. His assistant took the vehicle to get the car washed and the victim discovered the cash missing when the assistant brought the car back.
• A vandal hurled a landscape brick that broke both panes of a double-pane window between 10:05 and 10:10 p.m. April 6 at a home on the 400 block of Cordial Drive. Damage was estimated at $2,500.
• Jesus Hernandez-Montesinos, 25, of the 9200 block of East Hamilton Court, Des Plaines, was arrested during a traffic stop on the 2200 block of Dempster Street and charged with DUI, transportation of open alcohol and possession of drug paraphernalia. His court date is April 21.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter between 7:30 p.m. April 3 and 7:43 p.m. April 4 from a Chevrolet in an apartment lot on the 1100 block of Holiday Lane. Value was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole a wallet between 6:45 and 7 p.m. April 9 from a man in a washroom at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road. Value was estimated at $125.
• A male burglar was seen on a security video getting out of the passenger side of a dark-color vehicle around 12:55 a.m. April 2 on the 2600 block of South Rusty Drive. The man looked into a Nissan, broke the front driver's-side window and stole a GPS unit and a dashboard monitor. The burglar ran back to the vehicle and the driver sped away. Loss was estimated at $600.
Elk Grove Village
• Jorie Vandermolen, 27, of the 900 block of Lincoln Square, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 11:30 p.m. March 29 at her home and charged with aggravated battery and resisting a peace officer. Her court date is May 9.
• Jerzy Dziopala, 65, of the 300 block of Birchwood Avenue, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 10 a.m. April 3 on the 1600 block of Moon Lake Boulevard, Hoffman Estates, and charged with possession of a firearm with a revoked FOID card and violation of an order of protection. His court date is April 24.
• Thieves stole a TV, bracket and cable box between 6 p.m. April 4 and 11 a.m. April 5 out of the laundry room in an apartment building on the 400 block of Eagle Drive. Value was estimated at $400.
• Burglars broke the front glass door around 12:40 a.m. April 5 at Little Ceasars, 840 S. Arlington Heights Road, and stole an undetermined amount of money. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Darren A. Williams, 47, of the 7400 block of Flower, Hanover Park, was arrested around 3:44 p.m. April 10 at Menards, 7435 Barrington Road, and charged with aggravated robbery.
• Makhan Sing Clair, 50, of the 1400 block of Terry, Glendale Heights, was arrested around 6 p.m. April 16 in a store at 1509 Irving Park Road and charged with sale of liquor to a minor.
• Linda Lopez, 22, of the 600 block of Wright, Elgin, was arrested around 7:37 p.m. April 16 in a store at 1519 Irving Park Road and charged with sale of liquor to a minor.
• Richard Morales, 30, of the 6N000 block of County Farm Road, Hanover Park, was arrested around 6:34 p.m. April 11 at his home and charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon.
• Thieves stole a boys' bike around 3:30 p.m. April 11 out of a yard on the 6800 block of Valley View.
• Burglars stole an iPad and case, cellphone, laptop and tote bag around 3:05 p.m. April 7 out of an unlocked 2011 Honda Civic in a driveway on the 200 block of South Louis. The female victim parked the car and went into her home for a few minutes. Value was estimated at $2,500.
• Burglars stole drills, electrical testers, and tools between 12:30 p.m. April 7 and 6:30 a.m. April 8 out of a 2007 Chevrolet Express van in an apartment lot on the 1700 block of Sable Lane. Value was estimated at $2,040.
• Burglars broke into a 2003 Honda Pilot between 8 p.m. April 7 and 9 a.m. April 8 on the 2000 block of Algonquin Road, damaged the dashboard and stole an aftermarket in-dash radio/DVD player. Loss was estimated at $710.
• Burglars broke into a 2001 Volkswagen Jetta between 1 and 11:20 a.m. April 7 in an apartment lot on the 1700 block of Forest Cove Drive and stole the radio/DVD player from the dashboard. Loss was estimated at $1,200.
• Vandals used black paint to spray gang graffiti between 9 p.m. April 4 and 10:30 a.m. April 5 on an exterior brick wall at a condominium building on the 1200 block of North Wheeling Road. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Two male offenders stole a pair of headphones around 6:05 p.m. April 3 out of a display case at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road. Value was estimated at $300.
• A resident on the 500 block of South Hi Lusi Avenue saw a light inside his unlocked 2010 Toyota Rav4 parked in the driveway. When he approached, he saw a man rifling through the glove box. The man fled when the victim shouted at him. The resident chased the man but stopped when his bare feet got cold.
• Vandals removed a gas meter between 3 and 10 a.m. April 5 attached to Paps Ultimate Bar, 1904 S. Elmhurst Road. The offenders threw the meter into an alley Dumpster behind the bar. The bar was without gas for two hours while the undamaged meter was reinstalled.
• Thieves stole a catalytic converter between 8 p.m. April 3 and 4:30 p.m. April 4 from a Pontiac Sunfire on the 1400 block of Cottonwood Lane. Value was estimated at $604.
• Burglars reached through an open window between 6 p.m. April 6 and 10 a.m. April 7 on the 1100 block of West Palatine Road and stole 24 golf balls and a duffle bag containing personal items out of a 2005 Mazda.
• Vandals kicked open the front door to an apartment building on the 700 block of Piper Lane between 4 and 7 p.m. April 13.
• Thieves stole a fanny pack between 7:30 and 10:45 p.m. April 7 after the owner left it in a lobby washroom at the Hilton Hotel, 2855 N. Milwaukee Ave. Contents included $600, driver's license, credit card and medical inhaler.
• Thieves stole a pair of diamond earrings valued at $1,500 between 6 a.m. April 5 and 6 p.m. April 6 out of a suitcase in a guest room at Crowne Plaza, 2875 N. Milwaukee Ave.
• Vandals used black paint to spray gang graffiti on a white pool fence at a condominium complex on the 1500 block of Quaker Lane between 9 p.m. April 4 and 6 a.m. April 5.
• Peter A. Daniel, 46, of the 500 block of Redwood Lane, Schaumburg, was arrested around 4:46 p.m. April 6 at his home and charged with assault and criminal damage to property. Reports said he threw knives and dishes. His court date is April 25.
• Nicholas M. Aprile, 29, of the 200 block of East Gunderson, Carol Stream, was arrested around 3:20 p.m. April 3 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with felony retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him push a shopping cart full of merchandise out of the store without paying. Value was estimated at $538. His court date is June 14.
• A female resident on the 700 block of Sunset walked into her home around 2:20 p.m. April 4 and found a man standing in her bedroom. He walked out the front door when she screamed. She chased him but he got away. He entered the home after prying a rear window, ransacked the bedroom and scattered jewelry boxes on the bed. Dresser drawers were open and one drawer was broken.