Breaking News Bar
updated: 4/17/2014 5:28 PM

Report: Chicago missed out on $2.2 million

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Associated Press

Chicago's inspector general says the city has "resuscitated" what had been a scandal-plagued minority business program.

But Inspector General Joseph Ferguson says in a Thursday report that the city missed an opportunity to share in a $2.2 million forfeiture judgment because it hasn't designated his office as a law enforcement organization. That's required to share in the judgment.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

The report also includes summaries of investigations that revealed firefighters filing false mileage reimbursement claims to collect thousands of dollars and sanitation workers falsifying attendance records. It also says that a company received a city contract after falsely claiming to be minority owned.

The report also outlined investigations that revealed city workers illegally selling scrap metal from city work sites and a streets and sanitation worker drinking while on duty.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here