• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole two aluminum chairs between April 3 and 8 from the front porch at a home on the 1400 block of South Harvard.
• A man was seen taking eight packages of golf balls valued at $320 around 8:30 p.m. April 3 from Dick's Sporting Goods, 401 E. Palatine Road. Arlington Heights
• Vandals broke bricks on pillars and knocked down a wrought iron fence attached to pillars between 5 p.m. March 27 and 8 a.m. March 28 but reported April 13 at a condominium complex on the 500 block of West Miner Street.
• A male offender hurled an egg between 11:30 and 11:45 p.m. April 11 that tore the soft top on a 2001 Jeep Wrangler traveling west on Thomas. The offender stepped out of the tree line on Howard Court and threw the egg. Damage was estimated at more than $100.
• Burglars stole a designer wallet with cash and two gift cards between 12:25 and 1 p.m. April 11 out of an unlocked 2006 Chevrolet Equinox in a driveway on the 1000 block of East Olive. Value was estimated at $305.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $600 between 4:30 and 5 p.m. April 13 out of a customer's purse at Savers, 780 W. Dundee Road.
• Vandals cut the rear passenger's-side tire between 8:30 p.m. April 12 and 4:30 p.m. April 13 on a 2008 Cadillac SRX in an apartment lot on the 1200 block of East Olive. Damage was estimated at $175.
• Trisha A. Shepherd, 22, of the 1000 block of Colony Lane, Roselle, was arrested around 2:27 a.m. April 9 at Stearns and Bartlett roads and charged with DUI, transportation of open alcohol, traffic violations and uninsured vehicle. Her court date is May 6.
• Thieves stole a fork for a skid loader April 9 from a Walgreens construction site, Route 59 and Stearns Road. Value was estimated at $2,000.
• An employee at Radio Shack, 800 block of South Route 59, saw a woman hide two keyboard cases for an iPad under her clothes around 3:30 p.m. April 4 and leave the store with a male companion. Value was estimated at $140.
• Yvete Hernandez, 32, of the 2200 block of North 74th Avenue, Elmwood Park, was arrested around 11:05 a.m. March 30 at the Elks Lodge, 495 S. Lee St., and charged with battery. Police reports said witnesses saw her punch a co-worker in the left cheek during an argument. Her court date is April 14.
• Julie Marie Chubirka, 39, of the 1000 block of Ridge Avenue, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 7:45 a.m. March 29 in a medical office at 484 Lee St. and charged with disorderly conduct. Reports said a woman claimed that Chubirka walked up to her in a line at the medical clinic, started yelling and threatening her. A court date is April 14.
• Joseph Daniel Navarro, 33, of the 3100 block of Pearl Avenue, Melrose Park, was arrested around 3:30 a.m. March 23 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with battery. Reports said a security agent saw him throw a drink on a woman, grab her face, and push her backward, causing her to fall and strike her head and back on the concrete floor. His court date is May 1.
• Thieves stole $216 between 9 p.m. April 1 and 10:45 a.m. April 2 out of a cash register drawer at American Mattress, 1461 E. Ellinwood St. There was no sign of forced entry.
• Thieves stole a green mountain bike between 10 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. April 2 from a bicycle rack on the 700 block of South Lee St. The bike was locked and the cable and padlock were left locked and undamaged around the rack. Value was estimated at $200.
• A man cut the security cord to a donation charity box between 8:57 and 9:18 p.m. March 26 on a counter in the 7-Eleven, 586 E. Oakton St., and left with it. Value was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole 42 Hydrocodone pills out of a knapsack between 6 and 6:30 p.m. April 1 in a not-for-profit business at 1717 E. Rand Road. Value was estimated at $40.
• A man stole a donation box containing approximately $300 around 8:50 p.m. March 28 out of a business on the 800 block of West Oakton Street.
• Burglars stole a computer monitor between 5 p.m. March 27 and 11 a.m. March 28 out of a home on the 1700 block of East Rand Road. Value was estimated at $290.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $700 between 5 and 8:15 p.m. March 29 out of a jacket pocket in a basement lobby at a hotel at 2175 E. Touhy Ave.
Elk Grove Village
• A Walgreens employee saw a man take several household cleaners and cosmetics from the shelves around 2:45 p.m. March 23 at 641 Meacham Road and leave without paying. Value was estimated at $253.
• Thieves stole a load of scrap metal between March 22 and 25 out of a trailer in a lot at 2301 Arthur Ave. The trailer door latch was bent and the trailer had been moved from its original spot. Loss was estimated at $80,000.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter between March 27 and April 2 from five Chevrolet Cavaliers and a Pontiac Sunfire in parking lots on the 900 block of Ridge Square, 900 block of Jefferson Square, and 400 and 900 blocks of Perrie Drive. Value was estimated at $3,500.
• Burglars broke into a 2001 Dodge Stratus between 11 p.m. March 27 and 9:35 a.m. March 28 in a lot on the 600 block of Carroll Square and stole a wallet. Loss was estimated at $800. Offenders broke a passenger's-side window on a 2006 GMC Yukon during the same time and in a nearby lot at the same address. Damage was estimated at $300. Vandals smashed the driver's-side window on a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix in the same lot. Damage was estimated at $200.
• A man carrying a knife robbed a woman of her purse around 7:36 p.m. April 8 at 2040 Army Trail Road.
• Thieves stole a cellphone around 4 p.m. April 8 at Nugget and Sacramento while the owner played basketball.
• Burglars stole an in-car DVD player valued at $100 between Feb. 24 and March 23 out of a storage unit on the 900 block of North Countryside Drive.
• Vandals smashed front and rear windows between 9 p.m. March 21 and 10 a.m. March 22 on a 2003 Pontiac on the 1400 block of North Winslowe Drive.
• Rocio Melero, 40, of the 2400 block of South Scoville Avenue, Berwyn, was arrested around 7:31 p.m. March 28 in a lot at Woodfield Mall and charged with endangering the life/health of a child after an officer was called for a child left in a car. The officer found the small child crying. Melero arrived around 7:31 p.m. and told the officer she left her sleeping child in the car around 7:09. She expected to be in Nordstrom for 10 minutes, she said.
• A man was seen on a security video breaking the front glass door around 12:30 a.m. March 31 at Wash Werks, 4 N. Barrington Road. He took a black register box containing $400 and three white envelopes with $990.
• Burglars kicked open the rear door between 3:20 and 8:40 p.m. April 1 at a home on the 700 block of North Wayne Place and stole a book of checks, jewelry tree with costume jewelry, cosmetics and tax returns.
• Thieves stole $203 between 5 and 8 p.m. March 26 out of a cash register at Bucky's Mobil, 1515 Lake-Cook Road.