The city of Des Plaines and the village of Mount Prospect invite Des Plaines and Mount Prospect residents to an Energy Fair, from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. on Saturday, April 19, at the Mount Prospect Library, 10 S. Emerson St., Mount Prospect.
Residents who seek to obtain help with energy bills and who have not applied for Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) or other energy assistance programs will have the opportunity to sign up for energy assistance programs through the Community and Economic Development Association of Cook County (CEDA), Commonwealth Edison (ComED), and Nicor Gas.
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with the Mount Prospect Human Services, Des Plaines Health & Human Services, Open Communities, the Citizens Utility Board (CUB), and customer service representatives from ComEd and Nicor Gas.
"We are excited that all of these entities were able to partner together to provide the opportunity for residents to apply on-site for energy assistance," said Des Plaines Health and Human Services community social worker Kathy Puetz.
Interested residents are requested to please call or email to register in advance: Mount Prospect residents: (847) 870-5680 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Des Plaines residents: (847) 391-5480 or HHS@desplaines.org.
Eligibility criteria; applicants should please bring the following items:
• Proof of gross income from all household members for the 30-day period prior to application date
• A copy of current natural gas and electric bills
• Copies of Social Security cards of all household members
• Photo ID of person who is listed on the ComEd bill and Nicor Gas bill
• If a household member receives Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) you must bring their "Medical Eligibility Card"
• If you are a renter, please bring proof of rental agreement which states monthly rental amount.
•Submit 'Your News' at dailyherald.com/share.