Breaking News Bar
updated: 4/14/2014 4:23 PM

College student died of alcohol poisoning

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Associated Press

The Cook County medical examiner says a University of Chicago student found dead in his campus dorm room in February died of alcohol poisoning.

Police found 20-year-old Nicholas Brastins Barnes of Pittsburgh, Pa., on Feb. 15. Authorities say the student had been dead for some time. Results of an autopsy done soon after the body was found were inconclusive pending toxicology reports, which were released Monday. The cause of death was listed as an accident due to ethanol toxicity.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Barnes was found in his room at the International House on campus, which is a residential and program center. He was majoring in Germanic studies and had studied in Austria in the fall of 2012.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here