• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty. More blotter items are at dailyherald.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Burglars climbed through a basement window between 7:15 p.m. April 2 and 7:50 a.m. April 3 at a home on the 300 block of East Thomas and stole a stainless steel dishwasher valued at $2,000, wine refrigerator $500, stainless steel microwave oven $800, two furnaces, and two air conditioning units.
• Burglars kicked open the front door between 7 and 10:15 p.m. April 4 at a home on the 2500 block of Cedar Glen and stole a laptop computer, five watches, a silver ring, two bracelets, three necklaces and a pair of silver earrings. Value was estimated over $2,200.
• Vandals scratched the front driver's-side fender and door between 6:30 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. April 3 on a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT coupe in a Metra lot at 2121 W. Northwest Hwy.
• Vandals gouged four scratches into the hatchback lid between 11 p.m. April 2 and 4 p.m. April 3 on a 2007 Nissan Versa in an apartment lot on the 300 block of West Miner Street.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter between 9:45 p.m. April 3 and 7 a.m. April 4 from a 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier sedan in an apartment lot on the 2300 block of South Goebbert Road.
• Burglars broke into a home between 6 p.m. April 5 and 8 a.m. April 6 on the 1900 block of North Fernandez, stole a TV and broke garage windows. Loss was estimated at $435.
• Burglars ransacked the main office between 5 p.m. April 5 and 3 a.m. April 6 at an apartment complex on the 1600 block of Woods Drive. Offenders stole three computers, a printer, TV and DVD player out of the office and damaged and stole security cameras and a small TV out of a gym room.
• A Buffalo Grove man received three phone calls around noon March 12 from someone claiming to be a Microsoft representative. The caller stated the man's computer was sending out spam and viruses, and they could rectify the issue if he allowed them remote access. The resident recognized this was a scam and hung up.
• Thieves stole several steel shelving units April 2 near a loading dock on the 1500 block of Barclay.
• Vandals damaged an outdoor vacuum cleaner between March 25 and 26 on the 100 block of Dundee Road.
• Police issued 22 seat belt citations and made one DUI arrest during a recent federally funded traffic crackdown that ended on St. Patrick's Day.