Breaking News Bar
updated: 4/7/2014 10:23 PM

Attic fire in St. Charles

hello
Success - Article sent! close
  • St. Charles firefighters stand in front of a home on S. 4th Pl. near Moore Ave. Monday evening after putting out a fire.

       St. Charles firefighters stand in front of a home on S. 4th Pl. near Moore Ave. Monday evening after putting out a fire.
    John Starks | Staff Photographer

 
Daily Herald report

An attic fire in St. Charles caused $10,000 in damage to a home Monday evening.

St. Charles fire department arrived at the home in the 1700 block of South Fourth Place just before 7:30 p.m. and found fire showing from the roof, fire officials said in a release.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze within 15 minutes. Officials believe a faulty attic fan may have started the blaze. The home was unoccupied at the time of the fire.

Assisting departments were Geneva, Batavia, West Chicago and Elburn.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.