An attic fire in St. Charles caused $10,000 in damage to a home Monday evening.
St. Charles fire department arrived at the home in the 1700 block of South Fourth Place just before 7:30 p.m. and found fire showing from the roof, fire officials said in a release.
Contact information ( * required )
Firefighters extinguished the blaze within 15 minutes. Officials believe a faulty attic fan may have started the blaze. The home was unoccupied at the time of the fire.
Assisting departments were Geneva, Batavia, West Chicago and Elburn.