• James R. Beavers Jr., 35, of the 500 block of Cumberland Trail, Elgin, was charged Friday with filing a false vehicle theft report, aggravated DUI and driving with a suspended or revoked license, court records show. His bail was set at $150,000 in Kane County bond court, and his next court date is April 16.
• Cesar Lopez-Ortiz, 39, of the 800 block of Nancy Ann Lane, Elgin, was charged Thursday with failing to report he had hit a pedestrian while driving on the 1400 block of Larkin Avenue, according to a police report and court records. The pedestrian, a juvenile, was taken to the hospital and treated for minor injuries. Lopez-Ortiz's bail was set at $10,000 in Kane County bond court, and his next court date is April 16.
• Thomas Bauer, 58, of the 1600 block of Seminole Lane, Carpentersville, was charged with misdemeanor aggravated assault after police said he pointed a gun at a solicitor March 29 and ordered the man off his property. After the solicitor called police, officers seized Bauer's .380 caliber pistol and arrested Bauer, Cmdr. Erman Blevins said. Bauer's bail and court information were not available.
• Freddie L. Parsons, 45, of the 5300 block of West Huron Street, Chicago, faces a pair of drug charges after police said he swallowed heroin during a March 25 traffic stop. Police originally pulled over the vehicle on Route 25 for erratic driving; police saw Parsons, a passenger in the vehicle, throw something in his mouth, chew and swallow it, Cmdr. Erman Blevins said. During the investigation, Parsons admitted he swallowed the drug and police took him to Advocate Sherman Hospital in Elgin; his urine tested positive for the presence of opiates, Blevins said. Parsons was charged with obstructing justice and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia. His bail was set at $10,000 and additional court information was not available. Meanwhile, the driver, Cameal M. Morales, 31, of the 0 to 99 block of Oxford Drive, Carpentersville, was charged with misdemeanor driving under the influence of marijuana, police said.
• A Carpentersville woman was scammed out of $2,400 Monday after she tried to buy a Toyota Avalon from someone on Craigslist, police said. The woman sent the seller $2,400 via MoneyGram and received another email from the seller asking for an additional $1,650, police said. But the woman saw that the $2,400 was picked up in California, not at the address the seller originally specified, and called police.
• Andrea V. Zavokos, 41, of the 300 block of East Chicago Street, Elgin, was charged with possession of a controlled substance at 10:03 p.m. Monday at McLean Boulevard and Crispin Road, Elgin, according to a sheriff's report. She is accused of having a rock of crack cocaine, police said.
• Someone stole two steel reamers and two steel beaver-tail drilling tools, all painted orange, between 5 p.m. Monday and 7:49 a.m. Tuesday from the parking lot of Meade Electric, 45W254 Dietrich Road, Hampshire, police said. The reamers weigh 600 pounds apiece.