• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Burglars stole a snow thrower, two chain saws, and an electric hedge trimmer between 5 p.m. March 19 and 8 a.m. March 20 out of a maintenance storage shed at 600 W. Rand Road. Value was estimated at $2,860.
• Thieves stole a wallet between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. March 23 on the 2400 block of South Goebbert Road and used a bank card in the wallet at a location in Wisconsin. Value was estimated at $1,100.
• Thieves stole a navy blue shoulder purse between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m. March 26 out of a customer's shopping cart at Kohl's, 800 W. Dundee Road. Value was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole a customer's brown canvas wallet between 2 and 4:45 p.m. March 28 out of a diaper bag in a shopping cart at the Salvation Army store, 250 W. Rand Road. Value was estimated at $125.
• Burglars climbed through a second-floor unlocked window between March 21 and 27 at a home on the 1500 block of Lincoln Court and stole prescription medications. The offenders left behind empty food containers and soft drink cans and rearranged furniture in the basement.
• Burglars climbed through an unlocked second-floor window between March 26 and 30 at a home on the 0-100 block of East Burr Oak and stole a wallet, plastic change jar with money, a video game console and games, briefcase, and jewelry. Officers found muddy footprints on an exterior air conditioner unit and low roof. Value was estimated at more than $380.
• Vandals scratched four tire rims and pushed in the rear hatch between 8 p.m. March 28 and 9 a.m. March 29 on a 2002 Lexus RX3 sedan in a store lot at 400 E. Golf Road. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Vandals pulled a garden light out of the ground between 8:30 and 9:15 p.m. March 28 and used it and a paving stone to break the outer panes on four front windows at a home on the 1600 block of North Highland.
• A Bartlett man was scammed out of $400 in cash and jewelry around 11 p.m. March 26 after a man came to his house on the 1000 block of Poplar Lane. The offender told the victim he needed to check his kitchen faucet because of a water main break on Route 59. The two men went to the kitchen, where the offender spoke in a foreign language on a two-way radio. Later that evening, the victim noticed pry marks on three security boxes in an upstairs bedroom and the money and jewelry missing.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter around 6 p.m. March 25 from a vehicle in the Metra lot at Bartlett and Eastern avenues.
• Burglars stole a safe containing jewelry and a watch between 7:20 a.m. and 4 p.m. March 21 out of a home on the 600 block of East Howard Avenue. The offenders also took costume jewelry out of a bedroom dresser drawer. Value was estimated at $33,466.
• A man is suspected of stealing a wallet between 11:55 a.m. and 12:19 p.m. March 24 after he put his jacket on the back of the chair directly behind the victim's chair in a restaurant at 2695 S. Mannheim Road. He grabbed his coat and left a few minutes later. He was described as a black male, 35-45 years old, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-9, 220-240 pounds, heavy build, black hair, and wearing a black leather jacket with a large "D" for the Detroit Tigers logo on the back with rhinestones surrounding the logo. Loss was estimated at $101.
• Thieves stole a clutch purse between 11:10 and 11:15 a.m. March 23 out of a shopping cart in a store lot at 1155 E. Oakton St. Value was estimated at $300.
• A witness saw a man take a cellphone valued at $100 between 6:30 and 8:10 p.m. March 24 from a fourth-floor computer workstation at the Des Plaines Library, 1501 Ellinwood St.
• Burglars stole a wallet between 6:30 a.m. March 18 and 6:30 a.m. March 19 out of a home on the 1700 block of South Sycamore Street. Value was estimated at $225.
• Samuel L. Lapisa 46, of the 100 block of Tyler, Lake Zurich, and Lisa A. Horning, 46, of the 21200 Willow, Lake Zurich, were arrested around 7:12 p.m. March 25 at Barrington and Sycamore roads and charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon.
• Thieves stole $402 around 11 a.m. March 26 after the victim misplaced the money at Dino's Finer Foods, 6768 Barrington Road.
• Vandals set two bicycles on fire around 4 p.m. March 26 on the 7400 block of Nantucket.
• Vandals shattered the passenger's-side door window on a semi-tractor on the 600 block of Wise around 7 p.m. March 26.
• Thieves stole Money Gram money orders around 11 p.m. March 25 out of an apartment office on the 2200 block of Breezewood.
• Thieves stole a catalytic converter from one car and damaged another vehicle around 7 p.m. March 25 in a Metra lot at 1975 Lake St.
• Thieves stole two mounted video cameras around 11 a.m. March 24 outside Anne Fox School, 1035 Parkview.
• Thieves stole a wallet between 12:15 and 12:20 p.m. March 26 from a customer at Mariano's, 2575 W. Golf Road, and used a credit card in the wallet for three purchases at a Target. Loss was estimated at $4,007.
• A man stole a video game console between 3 and 3:30 p.m. March 26 on the 1800 block of Jamestown Circle. The victim was selling the unit and agreed to meet the buyer at that residential complex. The offender told the seller he needed to test it and they walked to the rear of the homes. The offender grabbed the game console and fled. He was described as 18 years old, 6 feet tall, thin build, facial hair on his chin, buckteeth and wearing a white hooded sweatshirt with the hood over his head, and blue jeans. Value was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole a brown purse between 7:15 and 9 p.m. March 25 out of a woman's locker at St. Alexius Medical Center, 1555 N. Barrington Road.
• Burglars broke a window near the front door between March 18 and 21 at a home on the 200 block of Lafayette Lane and ransacked drawers and cabinets. It was not immediately clear if anything was missing.
• Thieves stole a men's jacket between 1:10 and 2:20 p.m. March 24 after the owner set it down in Office Max, 2570 N. Sutton Road. Value was estimated at $350.
• Police made one suspended driver arrest and one unlicensed driver arrest during the recent St. Patrick's Day traffic crackdown, Deputy Chief Mark Hogan said. Both of the arrests were made after midnight. In addition, 20 seat belt citations and one child safety seat violation were written -- all of which occurred during nighttime hours.
• Burglars pried the rear door between 10:40 a.m. and 5:40 p.m. March 17 at an apartment on the 200 block of Seventh Street and stole jewelry, two cameras and lens, an iPad, two cellphones and cash. Value was estimated at $15,340.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued over $500 between noon and 2 p.m. March 7 after a mail carrier left the package at the front door on the 1400 block of Chippewa Trail. The carrier did not realize the package required a signature.
• Burglars stole an oven between March 3 and 17 out of the kitchen in a foreclosed home on the 800 block of McHenry Road.