Breaking News Bar
updated: 3/29/2014 7:12 PM

Elgin man dies after electrocution

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

The death of a 33-year-old Elgin man who was electrocuted in his home has been ruled an accident, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.

Leslaw Pawlica was working on a microwave in his home's garage on the 1200 block of Sebring Circle when he was electrocuted Friday night, Elgin Battalion Chief Bryan McMahan said.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Pawlica's brother-in-law found him not breathing and called 911. Firefighters arrived shortly around 11 p.m. and found Pawlica unresponsive and with burns on his hands.

He was taken to St. Alexius Medical Center in Hoffman Estates, where he was pronounced dead at 12:04 a.m., according to the medical examiner.

An autopsy Saturday showed Pawlica died of low-voltage electrocution.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.