• New York Times best-selling author Elizabeth Berg discusses her writings and reads from her latest book, "Tapestry of Fortunes," at 7 p.m. Monday, March 31, at the Bloomingdale Public Library, 101 Fairfield Way, Bloomingdale. A book-signing follows the author's presentation. Books will be available for purchase at the event. Register at (630) 529-3120 or mybpl.org.
• Meet author Keith Koeneman as he discusses and signs copies of his book "First Son: The Biography of Richard M. Daley" at 7 p.m. Monday, March 31, at the Vernon Area Public Library District, 300 Olde Half Day Road, Lincolnshire. Registration is required. (224) 543-1485 or vapld.info.
Contact information ( * required )
• Meet "The Other Typist" author Suzanne Rindell as she discusses her book at noon Tuesday, April 1, at The Book Stall, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com. Rindell also discusses and signs copies of her book at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 1, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Lisa Lillien signs copies of her book "The Hungry Girl Diet" at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 1, at Barnes and Noble Old Orchard, 55 Old Orchard Center, Skokie. (847) 676-2230 or barnesandnoble.com.
• Kelly O'Connor McNees discusses and signs copies of her new historical fiction title, "Island of the Doves," at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 2, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
-- Laura Milbrath Stewart