• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty. More blotter items are at dailyherald.com.
• Aaron Martinez, 40, of the 100 block of North Wille Street, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 5:40 p.m. March 17 outside the Mount Prospect Public Library, 10 S. Emerson, and charged with fighting in public. A security video shows Martinez arguing with a 30-year-old man over a stolen cellphone, police reports said. He was seen dragging the victim by the front of his shirt, hitting him in the face, pulling him to the sidewalk, pushing him down on a table and possibly hitting him again, reports said.
• A 92-year-old Mount Prospect man was scammed out of $1,900 March 14 after he received a phone call from someone claiming to be his grandson. The caller told him he was in an accident in Mexico and needed the money or he would be arrested because a police officer found drugs in the car. The victim was instructed to send money to someone in Haiti. The man sent the money and then had second thoughts. He contacted his grandson and discovered that the call was a scam.
• Burglars broke into a 2003 Honda Civic between 10 p.m. March 13 and 6:45 p.m. March 14 in an apartment lot on the 1800 block of West Palm Drive and stole tools. Loss was estimated at $600.
• Thieves stole the front bumper and both headlights between 10 p.m. March 13 and 4:30 a.m. March 14 from a 1996 Honda Civic in an apartment lot on the 300 block of Hawthorne Circle. Value was estimated at $500.
• Thieves may have stolen a cellphone valued at $832 after the owner lost it between 8:55 a.m. and 9:05 p.m. March 15 at Crowne Plaza hotel, 2875 N. Milwaukee Ave. It was either taken out of his guest room or he dropped it in the lobby or at the shuttle bus pickup.
• Burglars kicked a door between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. March 15 at a home on the 1000 block of East Camp McDonald Road but apparently did not get inside.
• A witness saw a man steal a black 2012 Audi A7 sedan around 3:07 p.m. March 16. The owner parked the car and entered Walgreens, 1 N. Elmhurst Road. The thief drove north on Elmhurst Road.