• Michael A. Cerny, 30, of the 200 block of Orange Street, Elgin, was arrested and charged with burglary at 3:48 p.m. March 16, according to a sheriff report. Cerny is accused of breaking into a garage in the 11N200 block of Brookside Drive near Elgin to steal an electric sander to later sell to support a drug addiction, the report said.
• About 280 gallons of diesel fuel were stolen from the 43W600 block of Prairie Street near Sugar Grove between Feb. 19 and Feb. 28, according to a sheriff report. The theft was reported on March 20.
• Jamal W. Abu Gheida, 18, of the 7N200 block of Hickory Lane, St. Charles, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor domestic battery at 2:30 p.m. March 20, according to a sheriff report. He is accused of pushing a woman down and punching her several times after an argument, the report said.
• Someone drove through a 6-foot-tall chain-link fence on the 6N400 block of Illinois Street near St. Charles between 11 p.m. March 20 and 6:30 a.m. March 21, according to a sheriff report. The fence was hit with such force that it ripped out the metal posts and their concrete footings, the report said.
• Jessica R. Suddeth, 28, of the 200 block of Jake Lane, Hampshire, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to signal after a traffic stop at 4:08 a.m. Saturday along Allen Road, east of Walker Road, near Hampshire, according to a sheriff report.
• A resident of the 39W600 block of Goldenrod Drive near St. Charles reported on Saturday that he went to file his taxes on March 12 and was told by the Internal Revenue Service that his Social Security number already was used by someone else to file taxes, according to a sheriff report.