An enthusiastic audience of artists and art lovers came to the Naperville Art League's Fine Art Center and Gallery for its recent award reception celebrating its 10th annual art competition, "Grounds for Potential."
Interested artists were invited to participate by creating a piece of artwork that was, through their interpretation, representative of the theme. More than 40 pieces were submitted and considered for one of 10 prizes offered. A variety of media were represented, including oil, acrylic, wood, jewelry and found objects.
Cash prizes were awarded to the top honors:
Best of Show
Artist: Charles Heinrich of Norridge, "See Back," mixed media
Award of Excellence
• Eric S. Dinse of Naperville, "Reaching My Potential," drawing
• Steve Jones of Naperville, "Act of Nature," black oak
• Neil Pradzinski of Naperville, "Rising on up!" pencil drawing
• Cynthia Boudreau of Naperville, "Hope," fiber
• Kay McKinlay Ford of Naperville, "Kumba," pencil
• Maureen McKee of Naperville, "Transmutation," mixed media
• Tom Van Dyke of Forest Park, "Core," acrylic
• Ian Mitchell Wallace of Glen Ellyn, "Strongest Roman Nose," print
• Jane Wilcoxson of Oswego, "Suburban Bob," oil pastel
Pam Carron served as judge for the competition.
For information about the competition, the Naperville Art League, or its Fine Art Center and Gallery Hours, contact Debbie Venezia at email@example.com or (630) 355-2530.