• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converters between 3:30 and 4 p.m. March 17 from a 2003 Honda Element in a fitness center lot, 320 E. Golf Road, and from a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier in a store lot at 550 E. Golf Road. Value was estimated at $500.
• Ivory L. Brooks, 23, of the 1200 block of North Mayfield Street, Chicago, was arrested around 1:26 a.m. Feb. 27 behind Boost Mobile, 1751 W. Algonquin Road, after an officer on patrol in the alley reported seeing Brooks carrying a bag containing a large crowbar and pry tool. The officer found a damaged door knob on the store's rear door. Damage was estimated at $500. Brooks was charged with felonies of attempted burglary, possession of burglary tools, and criminal damage to property.
• Krystian Maliba, 29, of the 5400 block of Astor Lane, Rolling Meadows, was arrested around 12:15 p.m. March 5 at Home Depot, 350 E. Kensington Road. Reports said a security agent saw him take flooring materials on Jan. 27, Feb. 1, 21, 27, 28 and March 5. Total value was estimated at $676. He was charged with five smaller misdemeanor retail thefts instead of a felony for the larger amount. His court date is March 25.
• Andrea M. Suderski, 42, of the 6100 block of North Newburg Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 4:40 p.m. Feb. 28 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her take four coats valued at $190. Her court date is April 16.
• Vandals sprayed graffiti on an unknown date but reported March 12 on brick walls at Public Storage, 708 W. Central St. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars broke into three vans between 6 p.m. Feb. 28 and 8 a.m. March 1: a 2006 Chevrolet Express and 1999 Chevrolet Express, both on the 500 block of South George, and a 2009 Chevrolet Express on the 900 block of South Emerson. Offenders took tools out of the vans on George and road maps out of the van on Emerson. Loss was estimated at $4,255.
• A witness saw three males walking through an apartment parking lot on the 1900 block of West Algonquin Road around 8:42 p.m. March 10, swinging an aluminum bat and smashing the rear passenger's-side window on a 1998 Ford Explorer, a Ford Windstar, and a GMC Envoy.
• Offenders spray painted gang graffiti in an apartment building laundry room between March 1 and 5 on the 600 block of Piper Lane and stole a washer/dryer timer.
• Vandals damaged the front driver's-side bumper and fender between 2 and 5 p.m. March 6 on a 2010 Audi A4 in a hotel lot at 600 N. Milwaukee Ave.
• A resident in an apartment on the 800 block of East Old Willow Road found pry marks on her front door. She believes it happened between 5 p.m. Feb. 28 and 1 a.m. March 1.
• Vandals smashed the rear window around 3 a.m. March 13 on a 1996 Ford Explorer in an apartment lot on the 800 block of Piper Lane.
• Burglars pried a rear door between 1 p.m. Feb. 24 and 9:30 a.m. Fe. 25 at three apartments on the 400 block of Inland Drive. Offenders stole an industrial carpet cleaner out of a vacant apartment. Value was estimated at $1,000. Burglars stole a TV, two cellphones an iPad and an iPod out of a second apartment and a TV and jewelry out of the third apartment.
• Burglars stole $200 between 10 p.m. Feb. 23 and 9 p.m. Feb. 24 out of an unlocked 2014 Subaru Legacy in a driveway on the 600 bock of Westwood Court.
• Thieves stole a 2002 GM Envoy between 4:30 and 5:08 a.m. Feb. 26 in an apartment lot on the 800 block of Mark Lane. The vehicle was unlocked and the engine was running to warm up the SUV.
• Burglars pried a rear door between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Feb. 26 at two apartments on the 1100 and 1200 blocks of Forums Court and stole a video camera, laptop computer, TV, camera, and jewelry out of one apartment and an iPad, laptop computer, video game unit, and DVD player out of the second apartment. Value was estimated at $8,515.