• A Geneva man was charged with battery and cruelty to animals at 9:30 p.m. March 8 on a trail behind the houses in the 500 block of Edison Street, police said. Michael J. Conlee, 37, of the same block, is accused of punching a neighbor in a shoulder, knocking the person down, and of kicking a dog that he believed was going to bite him, according to a police report.
Contact information ( * required )
• Someone broke into a house in the 200 block of North Bennett Street between 10:30 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. March 7. A door frame was damaged, police said.
• Several youths vandalized Memorial Park, 601 Illinois Ave., it was reported to police at 5:49 p.m. Thursday.
• Peter D. Nicholson, 34, of the 0-99 block of Durango Road, Montgomery, was charged with possession of a hypodermic syringe or needle, and possession of cannabis (between 10 grams and 30 grams), driving while his license is suspended and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident, at 7:03 p.m. Thursday at Main Street and Independence Drive, according to a police report.
• John A. Cunningham, 50, of the 500 block of Waubonsee Trail, Batavia, was charged with criminal trespass to land at 5:03 p.m. Tuesday at The Holmstad, 700 W. Fabyan Parkway, according to a police report.
• Hamzah Rehan, 20, of the 2000 block of Fulham Drive, Naperville, was charged with theft and theft by deception, according to a police report. Rehan turned himself in to police at 11:39 p.m. Tuesday. According to Officer Tom Doggett, Rehan was accused of stealing in May 2013 from his employer, TCF Bank, at 119 S. Randall Road. The bank was offering $25 incentives to customers who signed up for a bank account. Rehan is accused of creating fake accounts, closing them and taking $1,000 worth of incentives. Charges were filed Feb. 5.
• Donzel A. Bailey, 23, of the 300 block of South Calhoun Street, Aurora, was charged with felony aggravated domestic battery at about 3 p.m. Tuesday after a neighbor called police after seeing Bailey beating on a woman through a house window, according to a sheriff's report.
• Two unauthorized purchases totaling $513 were made March 5 and 6 on an account of a resident of the 8N100 block of Thomas Road near Maple Park, according to a sheriff's report.
• Gerardo Valencia, 25, of the 700 block of Fourth Avenue, Aurora, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, DUI with a blood-alcohol concentration of .08 or greater, illegal transportation of alcohol, improper lane use and disobeying a traffic light after a traffic stop at 1:10 a.m. Monday at North Farnsworth and Sheffer roads in Aurora, according to a sheriff's report. A breath test showed Valencia's BAC was .26, the report said.
• Joan C. Folgers, 60, of the 4N900 block of Old La Fox Road, Wasco, was charged with DUI, no insurance and failure to reduce speed after a crash at about 8:37 a.m. March 8 on Anderson Road north of Route 38 in Campton Township, according to a sheriff's report. Folgers told deputies she had a couple drinks at about 1 a.m. that day to help her sleep. Her BAC was .18, the report said.