St. Patrick's Day falls on Monday, but you can enjoy parades today and Sunday throughout the suburbs and Chicago.
Contact information ( * required )
• The West Suburban Irish's St. Patrick's Day Parade begins at 10 a.m. today, starting at Naperville North High School, 899 N. Mill St., Naperville. The parade proceeds south to Jefferson Avenue, then moves east to Main street and south to Water Street, with dispersal near the Naperville Municipal Center. Visit wsirish.org for information.
• The Thom McNamee Memorial St. Patrick's Day Parade begins at 11 a.m. today on Water Street in East Dundee. It travels south to Barrington Avenue, then east to River Street and ends at Bandito Barney's at 10 N. River St., East Dundee. For information, visit dundeestpats.com or banditobarneysbeachclub.com.
• Palatine's parade begins at 11 a.m. today at the corner of Wood and Oak streets in downtown Palatine and continues west to Brockway, then south to Wilson. Visit stpatspalatine.com for details.
• The Lake Villa parade steps off at noon today, starting at Peter J. Palombi School, 133 McKinley Ave. A corned beef and cabbage meal with entertainment follows at the Lake Villa VFW, 130 E. Grand Ave. Tickets cost $4 to $8 and are available at the door. (847) 356-6100.
• Chicago's 2014 St. Patrick's Day Parade kicks off at noon today at the corner of Balbo Avenue and Columbus Drive, proceeding north to Monroe Street. This year's parade features president and CEO of the 2013 Stanley Cup-winning Chicago Blackhawks, John McDonough, as the grand marshal. Visit chicagostpatsparade.com for information.
• The 2014 South Side Irish Parade steps off from 103rd Street and proceeds down Western Avenue to 115th Street in Chicago at noon today. For details, visit southsideirishparade.org.
• St. Charles' 2014 St. Patrick's Parade kicks off at 2 p.m. today on Main Street/Route 64 in downtown St. Charles. Preceding the parade at 10 a.m. is a St. Patrick's Dance show featuring students of local dance studios at the Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. $1 suggested donation. Call (630) 443-3967 or visit downtownstcharles.org for details.
• The Rotary Club of McHenry-Sunrise presents its fifth annual St. Patrick's Day Parade at 1 p.m. Sunday as "A Tribute to All Area Service Organizations." The parade route starts at McHenry High School-East Campus, 1012 N. Green St., McHenry. It then goes west on Waukegan Road, north on Green Street to Pearl Street, then east to Veterans Park, 1450 N. Court St., McHenry. For information, visit stpatsparade.weebly.com.
• The 2014 Northwest Irish Parade kicks off at noon Sunday from William J. Onahan School, 6634 W. Raven St., Chicago. The official after party is at Immaculate Conception Recreation Center, 7211 W. Talcott Ave., Chicago. Call (773) 209-0402 or visit northwestsideirish.org for information.