Breaking News Bar
updated: 3/3/2014 10:18 PM

Rags blamed for Mundelein fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

Improperly stored rags may have spontaneously combusted in a Mundelein garage Monday afternoon, fire officials say.

About 3 p.m., Mundelein Public Works Department workers noticed smoke coming from the two-car detached garage on the 800 block of Countryside Highway, said Batallion Chief Matthew Carey.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Firefighters contained the fire to a garbage can in the garage. That garbage can held rags with stain on them used to refurbish wood floors, he said.

Nobody was injured. Damage was limited to smoke and heat, Carey said.

Firefighters from Libertyville and Countryside assisted. The fire remains under investigation.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here