• Edward Rodriguez, 30, of the 0-99 block of Lilac Court, South Elgin, faced felony and misdemeanor charges after police found a revolver, bullets and marijuana in his Ford Mustang during a traffic stop Friday, Carpentersville police said. Rodriguez was charged with three counts of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, two counts of unlawful use or possession of weapons by a felon, one count of possessing a firearm without a FOID card, one count of possession of ammunition without a FOID card, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of marijuana, according to court documents. His bail was set at $150,000.
• Detectives are investigating a report by a 23-year-old woman who said her 26-year-old former boyfriend, also the father of her two children, sexually assaulted her Feb 5. in the house they share on Alma Court, police said.
• Frankie Rivera, 18, of the 100 block of Ensenada Drive, and Kevin Arriaga, 19, of the 500 block of Waco Lane, both in Carpentersville, were both charged with residential burglary and theft after police said they burglarized a home in the 100 block of Pueblo Road Feb. 20 and stole between $500 and $10,000 worth of items from inside. The pair stole a Bulova watch, a 42-inch television and a 55-inch television, court documents said. Bail was set at $50,000 for Rivera and at $40,000 for Arriaga. Both are due in court March 5 at the Kane County Judicial Center.
• Someone in New York made $2,216 in unauthorized charges to a Carpentersville resident's credit card this month and also withdrew $1,780 from the cardholder's bank account using the resident's debit card, police said.
• Jeremiah D. Alexander, 26, who is homeless, was charged Monday with retail theft, possession of a controlled substance and resisting/obstructing a police officer causing injury, court records show. He is accused of stealing three cartons of cigarettes from a store and shoving and punching officers, police said. His bail was set at $25,000 in Kane County bond court, and his next court date is March 5.
• Lisa C. Holmes-Toguem, 47, of the 2100 block of Lilac Lane, Aurora, was recently charged with retail theft after she took less than $300 in merchandise Oct. 22 from Target, 300 S. Randall Road, court documents show. Her bail was set at $10,000 in Kane County bond court, and her next court date is March 5.