Eight people have applied to become the next Geneva 3rd Ward alderman, according to documents released by the city Monday.
The replacement will fill a vacancy left by the resignation last month of Dawn Vogelsberg.
Mayor Kevin Burns will select the replacement and present the choice to the council for a vote. He said he will decide by the end of Wednesday.
The applicants are:
• Nancy Arden Rice, a relief veterinarian for small animal practices.
• Gregory Bobeczko, a volunteer youth sports coach with a career in engineering and project management.
• Diane L. Chapman, a member of the Geneva Plan Commission who teaches social studies and language arts at Geneva Middle School South.
• Larry Furnish, a sales representative who has previously run for council.
• Analisa Jaros, who owns JarosDesigns Jeweler and who has had a career in technical and managerial support.
• Christopher B. Klis, an attorney and a youth sports coach.
• Cynthia P. Leidig, a landscape architect, Plan Commission member and once an assistant village planner for Bartlett.
• Mary W. Seno, a registered nurse who works as a liaison and coordinator for patients and staff members at Delnor Hospital in Geneva.