Daily Herald News Services
The Wheaton-based West Suburban Philanthropic Network announced the 2014 honorees to be feted at the 12th Annual Philanthropy Awards Luncheon.
The event will be held May 21 at Eaglewood Resort and Spa, 1401 Nordic Rd, Itasca.
WSPN recognizes individuals and organizations who, through donations of funding, leadership and time, have done much to enrich the more than 8,000 nonprofit organizations working throughout the western Chicago suburbs.
Honorees for 2014 include:
• Julia and Ken Wegner, Elmhurst, Philanthropists of the Year
• Joyce Van Der Molen, West Chicago, Philanthropic Leadership Award
• Mark Milligan, Wheaton, co-founder and past president of Family Bridges, Humanitarian of the Year
• Gloria Bunce, executive director of CASA Kane County, Geneva, Nonprofit Executive of the Year
• Navistar, Lisle, Corporate Philanthropic Award
• DuPage Medical Group Charitable Fund, Downers Grove, Foundation Philanthropic Award
• Kane County Farm Bureau, St. Charles, Service Club Philanthropic Award
• Deborah Kustra, grants manager of Community Memorial Foundation, Hinsdale, Grantmaker of the Year
• Bill Archer, Carol Stream, Nonprofit Volunteer of the Year
• Lora Vitek, St. Charles, WSPN Distinguished Service Award
In addition, organizations who attend will have the opportunity to recognize their own outstanding volunteers at the luncheon.
"This luncheon continues to be a time to connect with colleagues and community partners, old and new," said Maeven Sipes, co-chair of the event. "We are committed to advancing philanthropy in the western suburbs and this event helps us achieve that goal."
To date, sponsors for the 2014 WSPN Annual Philanthropy Awards Luncheon include, Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital. Sponsorship opportunities are available to anyone interested in supporting the event. Sponsorship levels range from $1,000 to $5,000, with individual tickets available for $50 per person. All proceeds will be used to advance philanthropy and volunteerism throughout the western suburbs.
For additional information, to purchase tickets or to become a sponsor, please contact Maeven Sipes, awards luncheon co-chair, at email@example.com.
Founded in 1986, the mission of the West suburban Philanthropic Network is to offer support to development professionals and advance philanthropy.