Traffic map
Article updated: 2/10/2014 5:19 PM

Huntley man gets 2 years for 4th DUI

Timothy L. Bartlett

Timothy L. Bartlett

 1 of 1 
text size: AAA

A 50-year-old Huntley man was sentenced to two years in prison after pleading guilty to his fourth DUI, this one in Elgin in May 2013.

Timothy L. Bartlett, of the 13700 block of Wilshire Way, also was fined nearly $2,000 after pleading guilty to aggravated DUI, a felony, according to Kane County court records.


Judge Thomas Stanfa accepted the plea last week; the felony charge carried a prison term of anywhere between probation to three years in prison.

According to an Elgin police report, Bartlett was pulled over May 13 on the 200 block of Walnut Avenue after driving his white Jeep Grand Cherokee below the speed limit, weaving and striking a curb.

As Bartlett was giving an officer his ID card, he said, "I don't have a license, and now I'm going to prison for five years," according to a police report.

Bartlett was originally charged with aggravated DUI, but prosecutors later modified the charge.

Bartlett can have his sentenced halved for good behavior in prison.

A message left with his defense attorney, William Gibbs, was not returned on Monday.

Comments ()
We are now using Facebook comments to offer a more inclusive, social and constructive discussion. Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.

This article filed under

Latest Video


Most Commented
Top Jobs

    View all Top Jobs Place a job ad



    • Newspaper next section - Newspaper next section Report card checker - report card checker
    • Dh innovation award 2 - Dh innovation award 2 Zillow /real estate page
    • Discuss refer On Guard series
    • Newspaper archives -- Monday or anyday Mike North



    Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:

    Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.