• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty. More blotter items are at dailyherald.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Jorge L. Pena, 21, of the 1100 block of West Wilson Street, Batavia, and Roque P. Derobles, 19, of the 1200 block of Kings Circle, West Chicago, were arrested around 11:43 p.m. Feb. 4 at Stearns and Munger roads. Pena was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. Derobles was charged with possession of marijuana, no valid driver's license, uninsured vehicle and improper parking.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $500 around 1:40 p.m. Feb. 2 out of a book bag at Bartlett High School, 700 W. Schick Road.
• Anton V. Barvinok, 30, of the 400 block of North Third Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 6:40 p.m. Jan. 25 at his home and charged with battery, disorderly conduct, and criminal trespass to residence. Reports said he knocked on a neighbor's door, shoved a child who answered the door, entered the apartment without permission, demanded to borrow the residents' vehicle and refused to leave when asked.
• Burglars broke into a GMC Sonoma between Jan. 23 and 26 in a hotel lot, 1231 S. Lee St., and stole a laptop bag containing a pair of shoes. Loss was estimated at $150.
• Christopher H. Medina, 29, of the 900 block of Huntington, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 3:43 p.m. Feb. 4 at Irving Park and Kingsbury and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Benjamin R. Herrera, 22, of the 2100 block of Narcissus, Hanover Park, was arrested around 5:31 a.m. Feb. 4 at Briarwood and East streets and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Astul O. Juarez, 21, of the 1700 block of Evergreen, Hanover Park, was arrested around 2:12 a.m. Jan. 30 at 7350 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft. He also was arrested around midnight Feb. 2 on the 1600 block of Walnut and charged with vehicle theft.
• Nestor Renteria, 22, of the 3200 block of Pulaski, Chicago, was arrested around 10:28 p.m. Jan. 31 on the 2100 block of Arbor Vitae and charged with unlawful gang contact. Alix M. Santacruz, 18, of the 5600 block of Pebble Beach, Hanover Park, was also arrested; he was charged with unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Thieves stole a 2008 gray Ford Escape around 7 a.m. Feb. 4 on the 2100 block of Walnut after the owner left it running to warm up.
• Shawn M. Carter, 21, of the 900 block of Boxwood Drive, Mount Prospect, and Dave West Jr., 20, of the 800 block of McHenry Road, Wheeling, were arrested around 12:50 p.m. Jan. 26 at Elmhurst Road and Euclid Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Joan M. Maura-Rodriguez, 23, of the 1900 block of West Algonquin Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 5:20 p.m. Jan. 30 at Walmart in Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with local ordinance retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her take cosmetics valued at $51.
• Tiffany R. Hutchinson, 31, of the 500 block of West Dempster Street, Mount Prospect, was arrested Jan. 25 at Bed, Bath & Beyond in Randhurst Village, Rand and Elmhurst roads, and charged with theft. Reports said a security agent saw employee Hutchinson try to take merchandise without paying. She left the items at the store, but reports said she later admitted that between Nov. 29 and Jan. 18 she had taken items including an Aero bed, six candles, cup, hair net, two pairs of warmers, and two packs of candy; value was estimated at $417. Her court date is March 12.
• Susan J. Harley, 52, of the 200 block of Norman Court, Des Plaines, was arrested around 12:15 p.m. Jan. 28 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her take three bath towels, women's clothes, two candles and a necklace. Value was estimated at $207. Her court date is March 4.
• Thieves stole a boys' black and yellow BMX bike between Jan. 18 and 24 out of an unlocked condominium storage unit on the 1200 block of West Northwest Highway. Value was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole a purple duffel bag with clothes, razor and other items around 6:20 p.m. Jan. 20 after the owner left it in the parking garage at the Mount Prospect Library, 30 S. Emerson. Value was estimated at $450.
• A security agent for Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, saw a man take a jacket, video game system and computer tablet around 7:45 p.m. Jan. 27. He ran from the agent, dropping the video game system and tablet but escaping with the jacket, valued at $120.
• Vandals broke a stairwell/foyer window and frame between 5 p.m. Jan. 26 and 3 p.m. Jan. 26 in an apartment building on the 500 block of West Dempster Street. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Vandals broke the driver's-side mirror around 9:55 p.m. Jan. 30 on a 2013 Toyota Tacoma pickup truck on the 100 block of North Kenilworth. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Kevin William Butts, 24, of the 500 block of Plymouth Lane, Schaumburg, was arrested around 2:40 a.m. Jan. 24 at America's Bar, 2308 W. Higgins Road, and charged with battery. Reports said he punched a man in the face several times. His court date is March 15.
• Burglars stole a 40-inch TV between 2 and 9 p.m. Jan. 24 out of an unlocked home on the 1800 block of Grantham Place. Value was estimated at $250.
• A security agent saw a man and woman leave Target, 2800 N. Sutton Road, around 5:10 p.m. Jan. 24 with two bottles of whiskey and a bottle of rum, value estimated at $80. The man dropped one bottle of whiskey when the agent confronted them at the exit doors. They fled in a red car.
• Thieves stole a gym bag with clothes valued at $360 between 5 and 5:45 p.m. Jan. 24 out of an unlocked 2006 BMW sedan in a driveway on the 700 block of Alcoa.
• Burglars kicked open the front door between 9 a.m. and 9:19 p.m. Jan. 27 at a home on the 1600 block of Cornell Place and stole three TVs, a video game system, seven or eight video games, an iPad, laptop computer, keys, a gold and diamond wedding ring and a gold and pearl ring.
• Thieves stole 13 boxes of flea and tick medications between 4:30 p. Jan. 27 and 6:30 p.m. Jan. 28 from Unleashed by PETCO, 1425 Palatine Road. Value was estimated at $1,149.
• Thieves stole a wallet between 1 and 1:45 p.m. Jan. 26 out of a customer's purse in a shopping cart at Jewel, 1069 N. Roselle Road. Value was estimated at $30.
• Thieves stole a purse between 3 and 6:47 p.m. Jan. 26 from a shelf under a printer near registers at Petland, 11 Golf Center. Value was estimated at $100.
• John Michael Edwards Jr., 25, of the 200 block of Greenbrier Street, Schaumburg, was arrested around 12:43 p.m. Jan. 29 and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent at Target, 2621 W. Schaumburg Road, saw him take a speaker. His court date is March 10.
• James R. Gurley III, 28, last known address 3200 Hazel Street, Rockford, was arrested around 3:19 p.m. Jan. 18 at the police department, 1000 W. Schaumburg Road, and charged with retail theft and battery. Reports said a security agent for Macy's in Woodfield Mall saw him take six pairs of men's cuff links, with five pairs falling from his pocket when the agent confronted him. His court date is March 12.
• Leslie Maria Ortiz, 19, of the 100 block of West Berkley Lane, Hoffman Estates, was arrested around 7:15 p.m. Jan. 27 at Claires in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after a security agent saw her take four pairs of earrings. Her court date is Feb. 26.
• Burglars stole a purse, phone charger and cables between 2:30 and 2:35 a.m. Jan. 26 out of an unlocked 2007 Lexus sedan in a restaurant lot at 1227 N. Rand Road.
• Nyra K. Montgomery, 19, of the 0-100 block of East Streamwood Boulevard, Streamwood, was arrested around 1:47 p.m. Jan. 23 at the police department, 401 E. Irving Park Road, and charged with felony forgery. Reports said she tried to cash a stolen check around 6 p.m. Jan. 13 at Amigo Mundo, 933 E. Irving Park Road. Revcor in Carpentersville reported that 1,000 checks had been stolen from the company. Her court date is Feb. 13.
• Jack K. Raschdorf, 45, of the 0-100 block of Prairie Point Lane, Streamwood, was arrested around 2:40 p.m. Jan. 29 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with felony retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him take seven DVDs valued at $150. He received the felony charge because he had a prior conviction for larceny, reports said.
• George Chalaveeth, 23, of the 3100 block of Lynwood Court, Streamwood, was arrested around 10:25 p.m. Jan. 18 during a traffic stop at Park Boulevard and Russet Lane and charged with village ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia. Reports said an officer found a marijuana pipe in the car.
• A man stole a bottle of vodka and bottle of juice around 8:37 p.m. Jan. 27 from El Gordo Grocery, 5032 Valley Lane. Value was estimated at $66. He dropped the bottle of juice outside the store and fled with the vodka in a red car. A store employee recorded the license plate number, and an officer tracked it to an Elgin address. The same license plate was noted in a theft of liquor from a store in Elgin around 7 p.m.
• A man stole a desktop computer valued at $543 around 8:40 a.m. Jan. 19 from Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road.
• Burglars broke a rear door window between Jan. 20 and Feb. 12 at a home under renovation on the 1500 block of McKool Avenue and stole a miter saw, 20-gallon air compressor, 50-foot compressor hose, and a finishing nailer.