The Smile Squad Mobile Dental Clinic provides general dentistry to at-risk children ages 1 to 18 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at DuPage Children's Museum, 301 N. Washington St., Naperville. No appointment necessary. Info: (630) 682-7400, ext. 7776.
Contact information ( * required )
• Sue Monk Kidd, author of the best-selling novel "The Secret Life of Bees," is the featured speaker at Winter WomanSpirit 2014: Wisdom for the Journey from Feb. 7 to 9 at DuPage Unitarian Universalist Church, 1828 Old Naperville Road, Naperville. Conference includes workshops, concert, talent show/coffeehouse, women artisans vendors and a raffle. Cost: $200. Register: regonline.com/w2014.
• AlphaBet Soup productions presents "The Bully Show! The Anti-Bullying Musical!" at 10:30 a.m. in North Central College's Pfeiffer Hall, 310 E. Benton Ave., Naperville. Tickets: (630) 932-1555 or absproductions.com.
• Bensenville Park District's Sweetheart Ball for children 4 to 12 with an adult is 6 to 9 p.m. at White Pines Golf Club and Banquets, 500 W. Jefferson Ave., Bensenville. Includes dinner, a DJ and dancing, and prizes. Each child receives a photo. Cost $22 resident child, $27 for other children; $17 for resident adults, $22 for other adults; $12 for resident siblings, $17 for other siblings. Registration required. Info: bensenvilleparkdistrict.org.
• Sidekicks Square Dance Club holds a dance starting at 8 p.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church, 1165 Meyers/Westmore Road, Lombard. This is the club's Chili Night and a banner is available. Info: (630) 627-2437 or (630) 832-3545.
Aurora collects electronics for recycling from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Customer Service Center, 3770 McCoy Drive, Aurora. Free. Info: (630) 256-4636.
• DuPage Birding Club takes a bird walk at 8:30 a.m. at Cantigny Park, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. Enter main gate on Winfield Road and tell attendant you are there for the bird walk to have the parking fee waived. Meet at Visitors Center. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Emerald City Theatre performs "Llama Llama" at 9:30 a.m. at DuPage Children's Museum, 301 N. Washington St., Naperville. Free with museum admission. Info: (630) 637-8000 or dupagechildrensmuseum.org.
• The Anan Harmon Chapter NSDAR hosts a Lineage Workshop for those interested researching ancestors who participated in the Revolutionary War from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Wheaton Public Library, 225 N. Cross St., Wheaton. Free, drop in at any time. Reservations encouraged but not required. Info: (630) 325-4844 or email@example.com.
• The Winfield Elementary District 34 PTO and the Winfield Education Foundation host a Trivia Night fundraiser at 7 p.m. the American Legion Hall, 570 S. Gary Ave., Carol Stream. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Includes raffle, silent auction and giveaways. All participants receive a complimentary Chipotle burrito; cash bar available. Tickets: $20 individual, $30 couple, $125 for a table for 10. Info: winfieldtigerspto.blogspot.com.
• West Chicago's Chili Fest is 5 to 7 p.m. at American Legion Post 300, 123 Main St., West Chicago. Firefighters, police and other entities compete to serve the best chili. Cost: $8 adults, $6 seniors and children 12 and younger. Proceeds go the Illinois Fire Safety Alliance's Camp I Am Me. Info: (630) 231-9474.
• Tour an 1890s farmhouse and make taffy from molasses to take home during a one-hour program with sessions at 9:30 and 10:45 a.m. and 1:15 and 2:30 p.m. at Kline Creek Farm, 1N600 County Farm Road, West Chicago. Ages 6 and older; younger than 18 with an adult. Cost: $6 per person. Register: (630) 876-5900.
• The Wheaton College Symphonic Band performs at 7:30 p.m. at Edman Chapel, Washington and Franklin streets, Wheaton. Tickets: $10, $5 seniors 60 and older, free for those younger than 18 or with a Wheaton or student ID. Info: (630) 752-5099.
• Theatreworks USA presents the musical revue "The Teacher From the Black Lagoon and Other Story Books," based on children's books, at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. in North Central College's Pfeiffer Hall, 310 E. Benton Ave., Naperville. Tickets: $12 adults, $6 students and children younger than 12. Info: (630) 637-7469 or northcentralcollege.edu/showtix.
• The DuPage Symphony Orchestra presents "DSO by Request" at 8 p.m. in North Central College's Wentz Concert Hall, 171 E. Chicago Ave., Naperville. Tickets: $30 adults, $26 seniors, $12 students for the main floor; $35 adults, $31 seniors and $17 students for balcony seats. Info: (630) 637-7469 or northcentralcollege.edu/showtix.
• A Lego Train Show is open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 8 and 9 at DuPage County Historical Museum, 102 E. Wesley St., Wheaton. Produced by the Northern Illinois Lego Train Club. Free, but a $3 donation suggested. Info: (630) 682-7343.
• Learn about the art of miniature sculpture painting from Timothy Loatman, an expert at sculptures from 28 to 35 mm tall. The program is from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Lisle Library, 777 Front St. Free. Info: lislelibrary.org.