• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Thieves stole a wallet between 4 and 4:27 p.m. Feb. 3 out of a purse under a customer's chair at Armand's Pizza, 70 N. Vail, and tried but failed to use a credit card in the wallet to make a $3,000 purchase at a Target in Schaumburg.
• A thief stole a cellphone valued at $400 between 10 and 11:59 p.m. Feb. 3 during a party in a home near Hasbrook Park.
• Burglars entered a home on the 1300 block of North Luther between 12:45 and 2:30 p.m. Feb. 2 through an attached open garage and stole a wood box with antique silverware, five gold chains, four gold rings and a credit card. Value was estimated at $1,000.
• A village businessman was scammed out of $500 between 8 a.m. Feb. 1 and 12:37 p.m. Feb. 2 after he received a phone call from a man claiming to be a ComEd employee. The victim was told that his electricity would be shut off for nonpayment. He was advised to purchase a Green Dot Money Pak card at a Walgreens and give the card number to the caller. After doing to, he tried to rescind the transaction, but it was too late.