• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Prudencio Ocampo, 42, of the 7600 block of West 81st Place, Summit, was arrested around 1:53 a.m. Jan. 26 at Algonquin Road and Reserve Drive after officers were called to a traffic accident where his car hit a tree. He was charged with felony aggravated DUI, no driver's license, uninsured motor vehicle and a traffic violation. His court date is Feb. 20.
• Burglars entered three Acura cars between 10 p.m. Jan. 23 and 7:50 a.m. Jan. 24 in apartment lots in the same area. Burglars entered a 2005 Acura MDX on the 2300 block of South Goebbert Road and took a briefcase. A neighbor found the briefcase near a Dumpster; nothing appeared to be missing. Burglars stole an after-market GPS/CD/radio/Bluetooth unit from the dashboard in a 2001 Acura TL on the 700 block of Falcon. Value was estimated at $700. Burglars took paperwork out of a glove box but left it on the passenger's-side seat (nothing appeared to be missing) in a 2004 Acura TL on the 600 block of East Falcon.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converters from a 2004 Chevrolet Venture van and 2006 Honda Element between 8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Jan. 23 in a lot at the Metra depot, 2121 W. Northwest Hwy. Value was estimated at $2,500.
• Burglars broke into two vehicles between 6:15 and 9 p.m. Jan. 22 in a restaurant lot at 798 W. Algonquin Road. Burglars stole a briefcase with paperwork valued at $150 out of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe and stole a computer bag with a laptop computer, two cellphones, and a wallet out of a 2013 Mercedes ML350. Value was estimated at $3,000.
• Burglars stole a Bluetooth with speaker cellphone accessory, a cellphone charger and a pocket knife between 10 p.m. Jan. 25 and 9 a.m. Jan. 26 out of a 2009 Hyundai Sonata in a driveway on the 1500 block of South Yale Avenue. Value was estimated at $160.
• Vandals smashed the front driver's-side window on a 2003 Ford Econoline delivery van between 6 p.m. Jan. 25 and noon Jan. 26 in a motel lot at 441 W. Algonquin Road. Nothing appeared to be missing.
• An Arlington Heights resident recognized a scam Jan. 14 when a letter arrived claiming the resident had won $1.5 million from Publisher's Clearing House. The letter asked for the last four digits of the resident's driver's license. The resident contacted Publisher's Clearing House and was assured that the call was a scam.
• Thieves stole a purse around noon Jan. 23 after a woman left it in a business on the 100 block of Dundee Road.
• Burglars stole a toolbox between Jan. 12 and 22 out of an unlocked vehicle on the 1200 block of Devonshire.
• Batkhuu Khishigbadrakh, 38, of the 1100 block of Windbrooke Drive, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 1:35 a.m. Jan. 17 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with criminal damage to property. Reports said he hurled a beer bottle that shattered a glass coffee table.
• Enes Causevic, 23, of the 4400 block of North Wolcott Avenue, Chicago, and Musa Causevic, 27, of the 6100 block of West Higgins Road, Chicago, were arrested around 1:59 a.m. Jan. 18 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road. Enes was charged with obstructing a peace officer and Musa was charged with disorderly conduct. Reports said security agents saw Musa throw a beer bottle at two other patrons and verbally assault them. Enes obstructed the officer's investigation of the incident, according to reports. Their court date is Feb. 25.
• Anton Barvinok, 30, of the 7000 block of Royal Oaks Road, Rockford, was arrested around 1:45 p.m. Jan. 19 in a parking lot on the 900 block of South Graceland Avenue and charged with resisting a peace officer, aggravated assault, and possession of marijuana. His court date is Feb. 25.
• Philip J. Slezewski, 28, of the 500 block of Franklin Street, Downers Grove, was arrested around 6:04 p.m. Jan. 18 during a traffic stop on the 300 block of South Elmhurst Road and charged with possession of a controlled substance, driving with license suspended, and no rear registration plate light.
• Burglars stole furniture, decor and other items Jan. 16-21 out of a building under foreclosure on the 1500 block of Times Drive. Value was estimated between $7,500 and $10,000.
• Burglars broke into a trailer between noon Jan. 9 and 3:30 p.m. Jan. 16 on the 300 block of Western Avenue and stole a construction bucket attachment for a Bobcat, three snowblowers and jumper cables. Value was estimated at $3,650.
• Burglars broke into a Chevrolet Impala between 5 and 5:15 p.m. Jan. 16 in a store lot at 1155 E. Oakton St. and stole a laptop bag containing a laptop computer, external hard drive, international driver's license issued by England and a passport issued by England. Value was estimated at $3,800.
• Two men broke into a detached garage around 3 p.m. Jan. 17 at a home on the 0-100 block of South East River Road and tried to steal an air compressor. The victim saw them drive a Nissan sedan onto his driveway and discovered one of them placing the air compressor into the trunk. The offender pushed the unit toward the resident, jumped into the car and fled east on Golf Road.
• Thieves may have attempted to steal a 1999 Honda CR-V between 9 p.m. Jan. 20 and noon Jan. 21 in a driveway on the 300 block of Woodbridge. The owner noticed that the ignition was damaged and the steering column slightly pulled apart.
• Thieves stole scrap metal valued at $100 between 11 p.m. Jan. 16 and 7 a.m. Jan. 17 out of a lot at a Com Ed station, 1101 E. Seegers Road.
• Thieves stole two gold aquamarine rings and a silver ruby ring between Sept. 10 and Dec. 11 out of an assisted living apartment on the 800 block of South River Road.
• Burglars left footprints in the snow when they opened an entrance door around 3:20 a.m. Jan. 17 at Starving Artist, 651 S. Graceland Ave., but nothing appeared to be missing.
• Thieves stole a wallet valued at $15 out of a customer's jacket pocket between 2 and 2:45 p.m. Jan. 22 in McDonald's, 1101 Oakton St.
• Thieves stole a wallet valued at $325 between 5 and 6 p.m. Jan. 15 out of a man's pants pocket at Rivers Casino, 3000 E. River Road.
• Thieves stole a cellphone out of a purse between 8 p.m. Jan. 18 and 2 a.m. Jan. 19 after the female owner left it in a restroom at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road. Value was estimated at $600.