• Michael G. Espinoza, 44, of the 400 block of Irving Street, Joliet, was charged with aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol -- causing an accident, with a passenger younger than 16, at 2:27 a.m. Sunday at Batavia Avenue and Fabyan Parkway, according to a police report. He was also charged with failure to secure a child younger than 8 in a safety seat, and operating an uninsured motor vehicle. His passenger, and the driver of the other car, were taken to Delnor Hospital.
Contact information ( * required )
• Dominique E. Boyd, 22, of the 1200 block of East Wilson Street, Batavia, was charged with resisting a peace officer and aggravated battery to a peace officer, at 4:27 p.m. Thursday at her home, according to a police report.
• Jonathan Guerrero, 21, of the 1800 block of Fescue Drive, Aurora, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs, resisting a peace officer and possession of drug paraphernalia, at 2:51 p.m. Jan. 17 on the 600 block of Western Avenue. Police say he refused to stop reaching under the passenger seat when he was asked, and that he stiffened his body and locked his arms to avoid arrest. They found two glass marijuana pipes, according to a police report.
• Leonard A. Naumann, 61, of the 2200 block of Oakridge Drive, Aurora, was charged with violating an order of protection at 5 p.m. Jan. 19 on the 500 block of Elm Avenue. Naumann pulled up in front of a house where a woman with whom he used to have a relationship lives, according to a police report. He then confronted her boyfriend, who was clearing snow from the driveway, police said. The boyfriend has an order of protection against Naumann.
• A Bowflex-style exercise machine and an upright freezer were stolen off a driveway between 9 p.m. Jan. 19 and 4 p.m. Jan. 20 on the 100 block of North Harrison Street, police said. The owner was in the midst of moving out of the house and left the machine and freezer on the driveway.
• Sean M. Broderick, 50, of the 1600 block of Eaglebrook Drive, Geneva, was charged with disorderly conduct at 1:29 a.m. Jan. 17 at a bar at the train station, 300 Crescent Place, according to a police report. He is accused of threatening another man. A 3 foot by 6 foot window was also broken, police said.