• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Burglars attempted to pry open a storage shed between 5 p.m. Jan. 18 and 3:15 p.m. Jan. 20 at the Marathon gas station, 3 N. Wilke Road. There was a previous burglary reported to the same shed between 10 p.m. Jan. 15 and 7:30 a.m. Jan. 16 when motor oil and windshield wiper fluid were removed.
• Police arrested Joseph E. Corrado, 18, of the 0-100 block of South Donald Avenue, Arlington Heights, Jacob D. Finn, 19, of the 200 block of East Foster, Arlington Heights, John M. Burkiewicz, 19, of the 2100 block of Prendergast Lane, Mount Prospect, and Joseph S. Zalewski, 18, of the 0-100 block of Berkshire Lane, Mount Prospect, after officers discovered an underage party around 1:20 a.m. Dec. 29 on the 0-100 block of East Berkshire Lane. Corrado, Finn, and Burkiewicz were charged with local ordinance consumption of alcohol by a minor. Zalewski was charged with local ordinance use of premises for consumption of alcohol by a minor. Their court date is Feb. 14.
• A witness saw two men attempting to burglarize a 2000 Chevrolet Venture van between 6 and 8:40 p.m. Jan. 9 in an apartment lot on the 800 block of East Old Willow Road. One offender stood guard while the second man entered the van. After they left, the owner discovered the van ransacked, the driver's-side and passenger's-side door panels loosened and detached. The ignition was also damaged.
• Thieves stole bank statements and an expired driver's license on an unknown date but reported Jan. 10 out of an apartment on the 500 block of Wimbledon.
• Vandals scratched the driver's-side of a 2013 Hyundai Elantra, from the front to the rear door, between 10 p.m. Jan. 15 and noon Jan. 16 on the 900 block of East Old Willow Road.
• Burglars stole a window between Jan. 4 and 11 out of a home under construction on the 900 block of East Edward Street. Value was estimated at $1,300. A neighbor's video camera recorded a white sports SUV parked at the home. Several months earlier, thieves stole multiple tools off the property. • A burglar was seen on a security video breaking a window and entering a liquor store around 6:23 a.m. Jan. 19 at 828 N. Elmhurst Road and taking liquor and possibly adult magazines.
• Simon M. Muller, 21, of the 100 block of East Briarwood Drive, Streamwood, was arrested around 3:52 p.m. Jan. 9 at the Poplar Creek Library, 1405 S. Park Ave., and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Officers were called when Muller was found unconscious in the snack area.