• Ransom Riggs reads from and signs copies of his book "Hollow City," the sequel to his book "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children," at 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• "Vintage Attraction" author Charles Blackstone discusses and signs copies of his book at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Meet "Flyover Lives" author Diane Johnson as she discusses her new memoir at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 23, at Cook Park Library, 413 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville. Books will be available for purchase and signing at the event. To register, call (847) 362-2330 or go to webres.cooklib.org. Johnson will also attend an author's luncheon, hosted by the Lake Forest Bookstore, at 11:30 a.m. Friday, Jan. 24, at Authentico, 770 N. Western Ave., Lake Forest. The $44 admission fee includes a copy of the author's book. To register, call (847) 234-4420 or visit lakeforestbookstore.com.
• Reuters journalist and personal finance author John Wasik discusses his new book, "Keynes's Way to Wealth: Timeless Investment Lessons for the Great Economist," at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 23, at the Grayslake Area Public Library, 100 Library Lane, Grayslake. Books will be available for purchase and signing at the event. No registration is required. (847) 223-5313 or visit grayslake.info.
• Meet local author Patricia J. Murphy at a book release party for her new children's book, "DK Adventures: Horse Club," at 4:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 24, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Local New York Times best-selling author Melanie Benjamin discusses her book "The Aviator's Wife" at 7 p.m. Friday, Jan. 24, at the Vernon Area Public Library District, 300 Olde Half Day Road, Lincolnshire. Copies of Benjamin's book will be available for purchase and signing at the event. Register at (224) 543-1485 or at vapld.info.
• Tasha Alexander discusses her Victorian romance suspense novels "And Only to Deceive" and "A Poisoned Season" at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 24, at Barnes and Noble, 720 Hawthorn Center, Vernon Hills. (847) 247-1157.
-- Laura Milbrath Stewart