Submitted by Fourth Street United Methodist Church
Local residents were among 45 individuals honored as leaders at Fourth Street United Methodist Church in Aurora Jan. 12. The Rev. Deborah Tinsley Taylor, church pastor, and Laurel Gilbert, lay leader, announced leaders during the 10 a.m. service.
As their names were announced, leaders came to the altar or stood in their pews.
"You have been called by God and chosen by the people of God for leadership in the church," Rev. Taylor said. "This ministry is a blessing and a serious responsibility. It recognizes your special gifts and calls you to work among us and for us. "In love we thank you for accepting your obligation and challenge you to offer your best to the Lord, to these people and to our ministry in the world."
Those honored included:
• Aurora: Laurel and Jim Gilbert, Donna Mora, Tom Carter, Bonnie and Stan McGraw, Russ Brown, Doug Booth, Guilianna and Paul Eggert, Al Benson, Jill Orr, Louise and Andy Hari, Jeremy Cotto, Dennis Hard, Marsha Simmons, Judy Bieritz, Caroline Carter, Beth Carter, Pat Harmon, Chris Martin, Kristie Mennecke, Jim Painter, Linda Lipsey, Cheryl Joyce, Sue Gilla, Rev. Clyde Galow, Joan Mollohan, Joan Crawford and Karen Whipple;
• Montgomery: Mona and Joe Middleton, Marilyn Michelini, Jill and Dave Brandt, Fran Leonard and Jim VanEckeren;
• Naperville: Marliss and Bud Hutchinson;
• Oswego: Dan Kenyon, Cindy and Patrick Pittsford and Pam Rhoads;
• North Aurora: Roger Spurgin;
• Sheridan: Mary Yarbrough.