• Miguel C. Ruiz-Cruz, 22, of the 100 block of Douglas Avenue, Naperville, was charged with obstructing identification, driving while license revoked, improper lane use and possession of a controlled substance after a traffic stop at 12:55 a.m. Monday at Mountain Street and Farnsworth Avenue near Aurora, according to a sheriff's report. A passenger, Rodriguez Gumecindo-Oregel, 27, of the 1100 block of Rural Street, Aurora, was cited for illegal transportation of alcohol. Deputies found .5 grams of cocaine in Ruiz-Cruz' vehicle, the report said.
• A resident of the 0-99 block of Glengarry Lane near Sugar Grove received a phone call at noon Monday from a person claiming to be a loved one who needed $1,600 to get out of trouble in the Dominican Republic, according to a sheriff's report. The resident called the relative and verified everything was OK. No money changed hands, the report said.
• Erica L. Thomas, 33, of the 400 block of Penn Avenue, Aurora, was charged with theft at 2:48 p.m. Tuesday; she is accused of stealing $240 worth of merchandise from Walmart, 801 N. Randall Road, according to a police report.
• A spare tire and a tire rim were stolen in the 600 block of Carriage Drive, it was reported at 1:07 p.m. Monday.
• Adam C. Benner, 22, of the 1100 block of Hanover Drive, Batavia, was charged with possession of cannabis at 9:17 p.m. Monday at Pine Street and Raddant Road, according to a police report.