• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Ulises M. Castillo, 42, of the 1400 block of South Busse Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 1 p.m. Dec. 13 at his apartment and charged with two counts of misdemeanor aggravated assault. Reports said he swung a metal pipe at two men in an apartment lot on the 1900 block of West Algonquin Road around 3 p.m. Nov. 29. The men said they told Castillo to move his van from the fire lane. He told police he was waiting for a friend and was angry that the men were shouting at him. He hit a yellow pole with the pipe but did not hit the men, according to reports. He drove away but the men noted the license plate number and officers tracked him to his apartment, reports said.
• Thieves stole a boys' purple bicycle valued at $250 between 4 and 4:30 p.m. Jan. 3 at the Mount Prospect Public Library, 10 S. Emerson.
• Thieves cut a mesh storage locker door between Aug. 1 and Dec. 19 in an apartment building on the 2300 block of Cannon Drive and stole a GPS and pair of men's winter work boots. Loss was estimated at $675.
• Someone signed for and received a laptop ordered by a business at 692 N. Milwaukee Ave. but delivered by UPS to an unknown address in Wheeling on Dec. 18. Value was estimated at $279.