ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill. (January 7, 2014) -- Northwest Community Healthcare's (NCH) Medical Group has increased its broad range of physician specialties with the addition of seven board-certified general surgeons.
The seven surgeons from Advanced Surgical Associates will continue to treat patients at their office located at the Busse Center for Specialty Medicine, 880 W. Central Road, Suite 3800, adjacent to Northwest Community Hospital, in Arlington Heights.
The following board-certified general surgeons will treat patients from pediatric through senior ages:
• Alan Loren, MD, Ph.D., earned his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1981 from Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine in Chicago. He completed his surgical residency and internship at Loyola University Medical Center. Dr. Loren specializes in all types of general surgery, with special interests in breast, gastrointestinal, hernia, thyroid and minimally invasive procedures.
• Daniel Conway, MD, earned his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1985 from Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine. He completed his surgical residency at Loyola University Medical Center. At NCH, Dr. Conway has served as chairman of the Surgical Quality Assurance Committee, as well as Chief of General Surgery.
• Robert Rao, MD, earned his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1990 from University of Missouri, Kansas City, and completed his residency at Loyola University Medical Center. Dr. Rao serves on the Physician Advisory Board for the NCH Breast Center.
• Sean Barnett, MD, earned his Doctor of Medicine degree in 2000 from Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine and completed his residency at Loyola where he was named Outstanding Chief Resident in Trauma. Dr. Barnett practices general surgery with special interests in hernias, breast cancer, gastrointestinal cancers, and minimally invasive procedures.
• William Soper, MD, earned his Doctor of Medicine degree in1972 from the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago and completed his surgical residency at the University of Illinois Medical Center. He also completed a fellowship in transplant surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Soper has served as Chief of General Surgery at NCH and has special interests in dialysis access surgery, hernia, breast, gallbladder, and colon surgeries, as well as advanced laparoscopic surgery of the abdomen.
• David Mahon, MD, earned his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1987 for Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine in Chicago. His residency training in general surgery was completed at Bethesda Naval Hospital in Maryland and Abington Memorial Hospital in Pennsylvania. Dr. Mahon serves as Trauma Director at NCH and has special interests in gastrointestinal surgery, endoscopy, cancer surgery and advanced wound care.
• Scott Pinchot, MD, earned his Doctor of Medicine degree in 2005 from Medical College of Wisconsin. His residency in general surgery was performed at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics. He completed his fellowship in endocrine surgery at the University of Wisconsin Endocrine Surgery Research Laboratory and a fellowship in colon and rectal surgery at Lahey Clinic in Burlington, Mass.
Patients can schedule appointments online at www.nchmedicalgroup.com/surgery or by calling the physician's office at 847.483.9800. Patients of the NCH Medical Group can go online to ask questions, download and complete registration forms prior to their office visits, and register for free health seminars.
The NCH Medical Group offers a full range of physician specialties, including allergy, dermatology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, neurology, rheumatology, surgery and urology, as well as internal medicine and family practice.
NCH Medical Group physician offices are located in Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Schaumburg, Mount Prospect, Lake Zurich and Palatine. To learn more about the NCH Medical Group, and to view physician bios and videos, visit www.nchmedicalgroup.com/surgery. To find a trusted physician, community members can also call HealthConnection at 847.618.4YOU (4968).
# # #
About NCH Medical Group
NCH Medical Group is the physician group belonging to the Northwest Community Healthcare comprehensive, patient-centered system of care that serves more than 350,000 outpatients each year, as well as nearly 30,000 inpatients treated annually at the 496-bed acute care hospital in Arlington Heights. NCH Medical Group treats approximately 60,000 patients each year from the northwest suburbs of Chicago. The practice has 78 physicians and nine mid-level providers, representing internal medicine, family practice, primary care, gastroenterology, urology, dermatology, endocrinology, neurology, allergy, and rheumatology.