"Children 16 and under are always free at the show, with a paid adult admission, so this is an awesome bargain for families, as well as being extremely educational and entertaining" said John Golicz, CEO of the Travel & Adventure show series. "And we have hundreds of travel experts from America and around the world who can help parents find the perfect vacation suited to their family's interests. It's a great place to begin a life-long love of travel for your children."
The scuba pool is a heated 15,000-gallon tank; wetsuits, masks, expert instruction and even hair dryers will be provided for anyone who wants to jump in.
Contact information ( * required )
This year's show also features some of the biggest names in travel, including Samantha Brown, Pauline Frommer, and Rick Steves as well as culinary demos, featuring Top Chef favorite, Fabio Viviani and non-stop musical and dance performances representing cultures from around the world. Dance presentations at the Global Beats Stage include:
• Polynesian Dance presented by Islapacifika
• North African and Middle Eastern Dances presented by The Yallah Dance Group
• Indonesian Dance presented by the Indonesian Tourism Board
• Dances from Mexico presented by Mexico Tourism Board
• Nordic Folk Dances presented by Nordic Folk Dances of Chicago
• Scottish Country Dance presented by Royal Scottish Country Dance Society of Chicago
• Canadian Dance & Music presented by Ontario Tourism Board
• Bollywood & Indian Folk Dance presented by Meher Dance Company
• Classical Egyptian Dance presented by Nira
• Classical Indian Dance presented by Natraj Dance Academy
• Folkloric Mexican Dance presented by Mexfol Dance Company
• Irish Dancing presented by McNulty School of Irish Dance
• Thai Dance & Music presented by Thai Cultural and Fine Arts Institute
• Bollywood presented by Sonia's Dance Rhythm
• Hip Hop, Jazz, Bollywood & Modern Dance presented by DeMaira Dance Studios
• Polish Song and Dance presented by Ensemble Lajkonik
Representatives will be on hand from U.S. locales (including Alaska and Hawaii), as well as experts who can help plan trips to Africa, Antarctica, Asia, the Caribbean, Central and South America, Europe, India, Mexico, the UK -- even Yap Island in the western Pacific Ocean.
The show takes place at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. It opens Saturday, January 11, from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m., and Sunday, January 12, from 11 a.m.- 4 p.m. (The show opens at 9:30 a.m. Saturday for travel professionals.) Tickets are $10 online (www.adventureexpo.com) with Promo Code: CHPR or $15 at the Door. Kids 16 years old and under are free of charge.
The Travel and Adventure Show is the longest-running series of consumer travel events in the U.S. with shows in Los Angeles, Bay Area (Santa Clara), Chicago, Washington D.C. and Dallas. In Chicago, the Travel and Adventure Show's supporting sponsors are SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment and Rick Steves' Europe. The event's official travel agency partner is AAA Travel. Event media sponsors include: national television media sponsor is the Travel Channel, Broadcast Sponsor is ABC7 Chicago, and media sponsor is Jetset Extra. For more information on attending or exhibiting in the event, please visit www.adventureexpo.com or call 203-878-2577.
-news source from Chicago Press Release-