Breaking News Bar
updated: 1/6/2014 3:50 PM

Power outage 99% fixed along Bluff City Boulevard in Elgin

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A power outage near Bluff City Boulevard that affected about 800 customers in Elgin Monday morning is 99 percent fixed, according to ComEd.

Krissy Posey, spokeswoman for the electrical utility, said the outage was reported at 8:05 a.m. and as of 9:39 p.m., 99 percent of customers had their power restored. The cause was a downed line due to the extreme cold and a ComEd crew was working to restore power to the remaining 1 percent of homes, she said.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

"We still have crews out there working. It should be very soon," Posey said.

Elgin Police Commander Ana Lalley said police had closed an exit on to Villa Street from Route 20 to assist ComEd crews. She said authorities would assist any affected homeowners who needed warm shelter. "Right not we have not been advised that any citizens are in need or anything (as a result of the outage)," she said.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here