• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Thieves stole a white 2014 Ford Escape valued at $21,642 between 9 p.m. Dec. 13 and 10 a.m. Dec. 14 from a storage lot at Arlington Heights Ford, 801 W. Dundee Road. According to police, the keys were removed from the new car inventory board.
• Rachael A. Chase, 18, of the 1300 block of East Waverly Court, Arlington Heights, was arrested Dec. 17 at Kohl's, 800 W. Dundee Road, and charged with retail theft and criminal trespass. Reports said a security agent discovered that she had hidden maternity clothes valued at $330 in her purse and on her person. She had been served a no trespass agreement on Aug. 5 and she also had an outstanding warrant out of Schaumburg, reports said. Her court date is Jan. 21.
• Burglars forced open a rear patio door between 9 and 11:40 a.m. Dec. 16 at a home on the 800 block of West Berkley and stole jewelry out of a jewelry box in the master bedroom.
• Dominique L. Ratliff, 37, of the 200 block of South Dundee Avenue, Barrington, was arrested Dec. 6 at his home and charged with battery. His court date is Jan. 7.
• Burglars stole a washing machine, dryer, laundry room wash tub, bathroom tub, dishwasher, refrigerator, island stove top, oven, a microwave, all cabinetry, sinks and water fixtures between Dec. 1 and 12 out of a foreclosed home on the 2200 block of South Eastview Drive. Value was estimated at $100,000.
• Burglars forced open a rear door between 5 and 9 p.m. Dec. 13 at a home on the 2000 block of South Plainfield Drive and stole cash, four watches, a white gold wedding ring with diamonds, and costume jewelry out of a jewelry box. Loss was estimated at $2,760.
• Amit Shah, 38, of the 2000 block of Pine Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 6:50 p.m. Dec. 14 at Kmart, 1155 E. Oakton St., and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him take a video game, USB charger, and USB cable. His court date is Jan. 6.
• Maria Coan, 44, of the 5400 block of North East River Road, Chicago, was arrested around 1:55 a.m. Dec. 14 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with battery. Reports said a security agent saw her grab a woman by her hair and pull her to the floor in the Cube nightclub. Her court date is Jan. 21.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $200 around 12:30 p.m. Dec. 11 from a female customer at Jewel/Osco, 333 E. Euclid Ave.
• Eleazar G. Mozo, 31, of the 1500 block of Silver Lane, Palatine, was arrested Dec. 10 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him take a cellphone charger, razor knife and razor blades.
• Burglars stole $500 and a cellphone between 7:10 and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 10 out of a men's locked locker at Buehler YMCA, 1400 W. Northwest Hwy.
• Burglars smashed the front window around 3:50 a.m. Dec. 12 at Twin Lakes Liquors, 305 S. Rohlwing Road, and tried but failed to open an ATM.
• Vandals used black paint to spray graffiti on the exterior brick fence and wall on an unknown date but reported Dec. 5 at a condominium complex on the 0-100 block of East Old Willow Road. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole a cellphone between 10 p.m. Dec. 13 and 1 a.m. Dec. 14 out of an unlocked employee locker in a factory at 1109 Lake St.
• David C. Marey, 43, of the 7100 block of Hanover Street, Hanover Park, was arrested around 8:30 p.m. Dec. 13 and charged with felony retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him hide a headset in his coat sleeve. Value was estimated at $70. According police, he had been convicted of theft Jan. 9, 2004, in Kendall County. His court date is set for Jan. 9.