Breaking News Bar
updated: 12/5/2013 1:20 PM

Popular Long Grove eatery reopens after fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
  • Enzo & Lucia Ristorante & Café in Long Grove has reopened after a June 2 fire damaged the kitchen, forcing it to close. Months of cleanup and restoration work -- mostly in the kitchen -- led to the reopening late last month.

      Enzo & Lucia Ristorante & Café in Long Grove has reopened after a June 2 fire damaged the kitchen, forcing it to close. Months of cleanup and restoration work -- mostly in the kitchen -- led to the reopening late last month.
    Photo Courtesy Enzo & Lucia Ristorante & Café

  • A fire at Enzo & Lucia Ristorante & Café during the morning of June 2 forced the restaurant to close for nearly six months. The downtown Long Grove eatery reopened late last month to brisk business, its owners say.

      A fire at Enzo & Lucia Ristorante & Café during the morning of June 2 forced the restaurant to close for nearly six months. The downtown Long Grove eatery reopened late last month to brisk business, its owners say.
    Daily Herald File Photo

 
 

Enzo & Lucia Ristorante & Café in downtown Long Grove has reopened after a kitchen fire forced it to close its doors in June.

The restaurant has been operating out of a historic, former Victorian-style home at 343 Old McHenry Road for 13 years, but had to shut its doors temporarily after a June 2 fire.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Months of cleanup and restoration work -- primarily in the kitchen -- led to its Nov. 23 reopening, according to co-owner Glenn Cardelli.

So far, business has been brisk for the popular dining spot.

"It's funny, like they say, if you build it they will come," Cardelli said.

The fire started when a pot on the stove boiled over and caused flames to extend into the kitchen hood, spreading vertically into the second floor and attic. The main body of the fire was extinguished by firefighters in about 10 minutes, with about 1,500 gallons of water used in the process, authorities said at the time.

Cardelli said he was hoping the restaurant would have been able to reopen sooner, but he had to clear up some things with his insurance company, and wait eight weeks for a new kitchen hood to be delivered and installed.

The restaurant, which features a Northwest Italian menu, is open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. For more information, call (847) 478-8825 or visit enzoandlucia.com.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here