• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Police took a burglary report Nov. 23 on the 1000 block of Garlands Lane.
• Michael H. Clarke, 18, of the 21900 block of North Harbor Road, Barrington, was arrested Nov. 18 at Barrington High School, 616 W. Main St., and charged with public fighting. His court date is Dec. 19.
• Burglars stole several items between Nov. 21 and 22 out of an unlocked vehicle on the 1000 block of Bristol.
• Molekzino Polvarkis, 29, of the 1500 block of Seven Pines Road, Schaumburg, was arrested around 1:40 p.m. Nov. 20 at 450 W. Half Day Road and charged with retail theft.
• Miguel Medellin, 41, of the 3000 block of RFD, Long Grove, was arrested around 4:55 p.m. Nov. 19 at 450 W. Half Day Road and charged with retail theft.
• Vandals kicked all sides including the four doors between 10 p.m. Nov. 21 and 7 a.m. Nov. 22 on a vehicle in a lot on the 2100 block of Oxford Road. The offenders smashed the taillights, broke both side mirrors and appeared to jump on the hood. Damage was estimated at $9,000.
• Mariana De Luna-Cruz, 23, of the 2200 block of West Nichols Road, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 2:20 p.m. Nov. 23 at Kmart, 1155 E. Oakton St., and charged with retail theft and possession of theft related devices. Reports said a security agent discovered that she had taken merchandise out of her shopping cart while in the women's restroom and had hidden the items in her purse. The agent also found a pair of tin snips in her purse which she used to cut open cologne plastic packaging with a theft sensor attached. Her court date is Dec. 16.
• Vandals smashed eight windows and slashed three tires on a Ford and smashed the rear passenger's-side window on a Chevrolet between 2 and 8:30 a.m. Nov. 23 in a driveway on the 1000 block of Everett Avenue. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars broke into a trailer between 5 p.m. Nov. 21 and 10 a.m. Nov. 22 in a business lot at 1757 S. Winthrop Drive and stole an anti-sway hitch. Offenders tried to steal the trailer by cutting through the boot lock on the rear wheel but failed. Loss was estimated at $1,000.
• Thieves stole a laptop computer between 8 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Nov. 22 from North Cook Academy, 2340 S. River Road, by breaking the computer where a cable lock was attached to it. Value was estimated at $511.
• Thieves stole a water sprinkler valve valued at $75 between 5 p.m. Nov. 25 and 1 p.m. Nov. 26 out of a backyard on the 700 block of Polynesian Drive.
• Burglars kicked open the front door between 7:30 a.m. and 6:40 p.m. Nov. 19 at a home on the 0-100 block of Braemar and stole several pieces of jewelry along with several small jewelry boxes. The rear sliding screen door was open and the glass door was unlocked. Value was estimated at $6,000.
• Thieves cut a hole in a security fence between 8:30 p.m. Nov. 19 and 6:45 a.m. Nov. 20 at ComEd property, 2065 Tonne Road, cut a lock on a storage shed and stole a wheelbarrow and a spool of copper wiring. Value was estimated at $2,500.
• Daniel Cardenas, 20, of the 400 block of West Touhy Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 3:40 p.m. Nov. 14 at Touhy Avenue east of Elmhurst Road and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. His court date is Jan. 15.
• Rachel D. Hamilton, 19, of the 1000 block of Charlela Lane, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 7:07 Nov. 18 at 1000 W. Devon Ave. and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Her court date is Dec. 10.
• Thieves cut the cage holding a spare tire around 8:12 a.m. Nov. 9 and stole the tire and rim from a 2001 Dodge E350 van on the 1300 block of Howard Street. Loss was estimated at $375.
• Thieves stole a tire between 7 p.m. Nov. 14 and 9 a.m. Nov. 15 from a 2013 Ford E350 van in a lot on the 1800 block of Howard Street. Value was estimated at $250.
• Thieves stole a 1998 Acura Integra between 3 p.m. Nov. 18 and 1 a.m. Nov. 19 on the 2200 block of Pratt Boulevard. Value was estimated at $1,200.
• Thieves stole copper wire valued at $5,000 between Nov. 15 and 22 from a building under construction on the 2300 block of North Rand Road.
• Michelle N. Kotch, 27, of the 23500 block of Cottage Road, Palatine, and Jackelyn Sansone, 30, of the 0-100 block of Forest Place, Buffalo Grove, were arrested between 4 and 4:25 p.m. Nov. 23 on the 1300 block of North Frontage Road. Kotch was charged with DUI and improper lane use. Sansone was charged with aggravated battery to a peace officer and resisting a peace officer.
• Vandals cut a padlock off a fuel pump between 7 a.m. Nov. 23 and 6 a.m. Nov. 24 in a fenced maintenance area at the Palatine Hills Golf Course, 946 N. Smith St.
• Burglars stole a purse between 10:15 and 10:30 a.m. Nov. 20 out of a 2006 Honda minivan in a YMCA lot, 1400 W. Northwest Hwy. Value was estimated at $180.
• Thieves stole scrap metal valued at $500 between 5 p.m. Nov. 22 and 7 a.m. Nov. 23 out of a Dumpster at Three Sky Investments, 330 W. Colfax St.
• Michael T. Sartino, 43, of the 3400 block of Thornwood, Rockford, was arrested around 10:46 p.m. Nov. 20 at Sunnydale Boulevard and Irving Park Road after a traffic stop and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. He was also arrested on a bond forfeiture warrant for assault out of Winnebago County. His court date is Dec. 3.
• Justin A. Ryan, 29, of the 0-100 block of Adams Court, Streamwood, was arrested around 3 p.m. Nov. 22 at his home and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw a man run from Target, 1001 S. Sutton Road, around 11:20 a.m. Nov. 22, carrying a Target basket and eight bottles of liquor valued at 275, and flee in a car driven by Ryan. Reports said Ryan told police he dropped his friend at his home in South Elgin. A warrant has been issued for his arrest, reports said.
• Giancarlo Torres, 22, of the 4300 block of Rock Cove Drive, Hoffman Estates, was arrested around 1:44 a.m. Nov. 18 on the 500 block of North Hicks Road, Palatine, and charged with felony burglary. Reports said witnesses saw him carrying tools out of a 1994 Honda Accord around 2 p.m. Nov. 15 at a home on the 100 block of East Oltendorf Road. The owner discovered a nail gun and step ladder missing. Value was estimated at $430.