• Best-selling author Scott Turow discusses and signs copies of his latest thriller, "Identical," at 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 2, at the Highland Park Public Library, 494 Laurel Ave., Highland Park. Books will be available for purchase at the event. (847) 681-7031 or hplibrary.org.
• Lady Jane's salon, the bi-monthly reading series dedicated to romantic fiction, meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, at Le Chocolat du Bouchard, second floor, 129 S. Washington St., Naperville. Authors featured at the event include Kate Meader ("All Fired Up"), Shannyn Schroeder ("Something to Prove") and Regena Bryant and Remi Hunter ("Windy City Heat"). Event admission is $5, or one gently used paperback romance novel. All proceeds benefit the Celebrate Differences not-for-profit organization that assists people with disabilities. For reservations, visit ladyjanessalonnaperville.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• "Someone Else's Love Story" author Joshilyn Jackson reads from and signs copies of her book at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, at Andersons's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Meet author John Billheimer as he discusses his new mystery book, "A Player to Be Maimed Later," at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, at the Mount Prospect Public Library, 10 S. Emerson St., Mount Prospect. Free. Registration is required. To register, stop by the library, call (847) 253-5675 or visit mppl.org. Billheimer will also be on hand to discuss and sign copies of his book at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, at Centuries and Sleuths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison St., Forest Park. (708) 771-7243 or centuriesandsleuths.com.
• Celebrity chef, TV host and New York Times best-selling author Anne Burrell signs copies of her latest book, "Own Your Kitchen," at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, at Anderson's Bookshop, 5112 Main St., Downers Grove. Priority numbers for the book-signing line are available with the purchase of Burrell's book from Anderson's. (630) 963-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.