• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Anna K. Cabaj, 23, of the 100 block of Boardwalk Street, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 8:58 p.m. Nov. 12 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with felony retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her remove price tags from clothes, shoes, cosmetics and a wallet; value was estimated at $516. Officers found the items in her purse and hidden in her pants, reports said. They also found items she told the officers she had stolen from a Schaumburg Target the night before, reports said. Her court date is Dec. 4.
• Aleksandar I. Demitrov, 28, of the 1800 block of West Palm Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 7:25 p.m. Nov. 11 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him hide a tablet computer under his jacket and leave without paying. Value was estimated at $180. His court date is Dec. 17.
• Gavatriben D. Patel, 34, of the 2000 block of Pine Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 2:30 p.m. Nov. 18 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her take a pair of gloves, two necklaces and two bracelets; value was estimated at $156.
• A police officer saw a man run from an unlocked Dodge Magnum around 2:24 a.m. Nov. 16 at a home on the 1000 block of Eva Lane. Nothing appeared to be missing. The officer saw him enter a silver older-model Chevrolet Trailblazer parked in front of the home near the driveway. The SUV sped north on Cypress toward Golf Road.
• Vandals used black spray paint to draw gang graffiti on the driver's side of a green 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood and on its beige soft top between 1 and 8 a.m. Nov. 21 in an apartment lot on the 500 block of West Dempster Street. At the same time and in the same block, vandals used black spray paint to draw gang graffiti on a stop sign. Damage to both was estimated at $550.
• A man stole eight cases of an energy drink valued at $163 around 2:56 p.m. Nov. 15 at Dominick's, 1042 S. Elmhurst Road, but dropped them in the parking lot when confronted by a security agent. He fled in a blue Nissan.
• Burglars stole a wallet, snow brush and umbrella overnight Nov. 12-13 out of an unlocked 2005 Ford Focus in a condominium lot on the 800 block of North River Road. Value was estimated at $95.
• Vandals flattened four tires between 4:30 and 10:30 a.m. Nov. 16 on a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee in an apartment lot on the 600 block of Piper Lane.
• Vandals spray painted gang graffiti Nov. 20 on an apartment building and air conditioner cover on the 500 block of Love Drive. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Burglars broke into a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer between noon and 6:30 p.m. Nov. 14 in a business lot at 65 E. Palatine Road and stole an iPad and GPS unit.
• Burglars stole a bag of clothing valued at $200 between 11 p.m. Nov. 17 and 9:10 a.m. Nov. 18 out of a 2000 Chrysler Town & Country van in a condominium lot on the 1500 block of Cove Drive.
• Burglars kicked open the front door between 3 and 8:30 p.m. Nov. 20 at a home on the 0-100 block of Andover Drive and ransacked rooms. It was not immediately clear if anything was missing.