Dann & Raymond talk Sean Connery
- Video (1)
Sean Connery revealed
Join me and film historian Raymond Benson as Dann & Raymond's Movie Club presents "Connery. Sean Connery: A Life in the Movies" at7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, at the Schaumburg Township District Library, 130 S. Roselle Road, Schaumburg. Free admission. Clips from the James Bond movies (of course!), plus "Marnie," "The Hill," "Zardoz," "The Untouchables," "The Man Who Would Be King" and many more. Go to stdl.org for details. Bring your license to be thrilled.
Other film notes:
• The After Hours Film Society presents "Short Term 12" ( ), one of the best movies of 2013. It's an indie drama about the inner workings of a state-run foster-care facility and the young people who staff it. An excellent lead performance by Brie Larson. Admission costs $9. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 2, at the Tivoli Theatre, 5021 Highland Ave., Downers Grove. Go to afterhoursfilmsociety.com.
• The Blue Whiskey Cinema Series presents the hilarious black comedy "The Ref" ( ½), starring Hoffman Estates High School grad Robert Steinmiller as the son of bickering parents Kevin Spacey and Judy Davis. The 1994 release stars Denis Leary as a fugitive gunman who takes the family hostage. The R-rated movie (for language) will be shown at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, at Emmett's Brewing Company, 110 N. Brockway St., Palatine. Free admission, but registration requested at bit.ly/1id2S8p. Or go to bwiff.com.
• Attention horror buffs! "Terror in the Aisles" bills itself as "the ultimate horror triple feature." The program includes "Devil in My Ride"(from Chicago director Gary Schultz, who will be there), a 35 mm print of Dario Argenta's classic"Suspiria" and a 35 mm print of Lucio Fulci's "The Black Cat," along with film shorts and vintage trailers. It begins at 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 30, at the Patio Theater, 6008 Irving Park Road, Chicago. $12 at the door. facebook.com/terrorintheaisles.
• The annual "Sound of Music Sing-a-Long" returns to Chicago's Music Box Theatre, 3733 N. Southport Ave., starting this weekend. Go to musicboxtheatre.com or to bit.ly/IgWD2Q to purchase tickets. Easy as do-re-mi.
• If you're a fan of the $6 million cinematic catastrophe cult film "The Room,"you might want to drop by the Music Box Theatre at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, to see its star, now author Greg Sestero. He'll talk about his new book,"The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside The Room, The Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made,"then introduce "The Room" at 10 p.m. Advance tickets cost $20; $45 if you want to purchase a book. For tickets, go to bit.ly/1avpF8E.
• Daily Herald Film Critic Dann Gire's column runs Fridays in Time out!
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close