Book notes: Goodwin speaks about 'Bully Pullpit'
- Photos (1)
Author Doris Kearns Goodwin speaks about her new book, "The Bully Pulpit," at the Harold Washington Library Center Winter Garden in Chicago.
• Kathryn Atwood discusses and signs copies of her book "Code Name Pauline: Memoirs of a World War II Special Agent" at 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17, at Centuries and Sleuths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison St., Forest Park. (708) 771-7243 or centuriesandsleuths.com.
• Meet authors Jon Scieszka and Mac Barnett as they read from and sign copies of their new book, "Battle Bunny," at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 18, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Anita Shreve, author of "The Pilot's Wife" and other titles, reads from and signs copies of her newest book, "Stella Bain," at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 19, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Pulitzer Prize-winning author, historian and political commentator Doris Kearns Goodwin discusses her new book, "The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft and the Golden Age of Journalism," at 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 21, at the Harold Washington Library Center Winter Garden, 400 S. State St., Chicago. Books will be available for purchase and signing following the author's program. Early arrival is recommended. Once seating is filled, guests will be seated in an overflow area to view a simulcast of the program. Visit chipublib.org.
• "Mykonos After Midnight" author Jeffrey Siger discusses and signs copies of his novel beginning at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 22, at Centuries and Sleuths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison St., Forest Park. (708) 771-7243 or centuriesandleuths.com.
• "Wonder of Wonders" author Alisa Solomon discusses and signs copies of her book at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 22, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Learn more about the music of legendary artist Elvis Presley, as Mike Eder reads from and signs copies of his book, "Elvis Music FAQ: All That's Left to Know About the King's Recorded Works," at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close