• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Colin S. Bermingham, 19, of the 1000 block of Lafayette Drive, South Elgin, was arrested around 1:05 a.m. Nov. 12 at Sterns road and Route 59 and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Dec. 18.
• Bryan S. Syre, 22, of the 700 block of Spruce Lane, Bartlett, was arrested around 12:06 a.m. Nov. 8 at his home and charged with theft. His court date is Dec. 3.
• Vandals knocked two mailboxes off their posts Nov. 13 on the 200 block of Cummings Drive. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole a catch basin cover Nov. 11 on Brewster Creek Boulevard at Hecht Drive. Value was estimated at $150.
• Vandals ripped a mailbox from its post overnight Nov. 10-11 at a home on the 100 block of Cedarfield Drive. Damage was estimated at $50. They also ripped a mailbox from its post overnight Nov. 10-11 on the 1900 block of Ridgemore Drive. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Burglars smashed the rear entry door around 3:15 a.m. Nov. 9 at 2 Toots Train Whistle Grill on the 200 block of South Main Street and stole a laptop computer, cash register, money and an iPod.
• Thieves stole a portable basketball hoop around 4 p.m. Nov. 9 from a driveway on the 200 block of Lillian Place. Value was estimated at $350.
• Giovanni J. Melgaza, 19, of the 600 block of West Bode Circle, Hoffman Estates, was arrested around 8:55 p.m. Nov. 14 at Olde Salem and Princeton and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Joseph E. Burris, 20, of the 1400 block of Cypress, Hanover Park, was arrested around 3:26 a.m. Nov. 12 at his home and charged with unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Richard N. Bougan, 18, of the 1000 block of Cottonwood, Palatine, was arrested around 10:10 p.m. Nov. 10 on the 1500 block of Lake Street and charged with possession of alcohol by a minor.
• Jeffrey Aleman, 22, of the 1400 block of Birch, Hanover Park, was arrested around 9:18 p.m. Nov. 9 at Birch and Highland and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Jessica L. Ruedel, 18, of the 1700 block of Fairfax, Bartlett, and a juvenile were arrested around 1:30 a.m. Nov. 8 at Cinema and Curtis. Ruedel was charged with possession of marijuana; the juvenile was charged with possession of tobacco by a minor.
• Angel J. Murillo, 21, of the 1100 block of Singleton Drive, Roselle, was arrested around 8:16 p.m. Nov. 8 at Church and Evergreen and charged with unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Fernando Zarate, 19, of the 500 block of Wimbledon, Prospect Heights, was arrested around 4:44 a.m. Nov. 9 by Palatine officers at Dundee and Frontage roads and charged with DUI and suspended license. According to police reports, he was driving a 2003 Jeep Liberty that had been reported stolen between 2:30 and 4:40 a.m. from a restaurant lot at 698 N. Milwaukee Ave., Prospect Heights. The female victim noticed the car keys missing from her coat pocket around 4:40 a.m. and the Jeep missing from the parking lot.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $700 between 4 and 4:57 p.m. Nov. 5 after the owner left it at the sink in a restroom at McDonald's, 1200 S. Milwaukee Ave.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $600 between 10:20 and 10:25 a.m. Nov. 9. The owner believes the phone fell out of his pocket in a washroom at McDonald's, 1200 S. Milwaukee Road. • Vandals damaged a picnic table Oct. 30 or 31 at Jaycee Park, 101 Brook Road.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $380 between 12:30 and 1 a.m. Nov. 1 after the owner left it on a bar at Home Bar, 1227 N. Rand Road.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $250 between 11 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. Oct. 24 after the owner left it at her desk at Harper College, 1375 S. Wolf Road.
• Claire M. George, 33, of the 200 block of Juniper Circle, Streamwood, was arrested around 4:40 p.m. Oct. 25 at Kohl's, 171 N. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her take jewelry and a coat. Her court date is Dec. 13.
• Bonnie T. Sanchez, 36, of the 600 block of Willington Drive, Schaumburg, was arrested around 2:48 a.m. Oct. 26 at her home and charged with criminal damage to property and battery. Police reports said she broke the front door window, knocked the door to the ground and knocked over an entertainment center. She spit in an officer's face while being escorted to a squad car, reports added. Her court date is Dec. 13.
• Liliana Alcala, 19, of the 1200 block of North Wheeling Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 7:53 p.m. Oct. 28 at Macy's in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her take a shirt. Her court date is Dec. 11.
• Agnieszka Sylwia Forys, 41, of the 5000 block of North Mango Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 3 p.m. Oct. 29 at Macy's in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her take three clothing items. Her court date is Dec. 9.
• Michael A. Respondi, 18, of the 1400 block of Colby, Schaumburg, was arrested around 1 a.m. Nov. 1 at his home and charged with criminal damage to property. Reports said he kicked and broke a basement window during an argument with his father. His court date is Dec. 11.