• Barrington's beloved Catlow Theater has two Chicago-made movies coming up for a mere $3 admission. "Home Alone" will run at 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 9. "Return to Me"(directed by Chicago's own Bonnie Hunt) will be shown at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13. Go to thecatlow.com for tickets.
• The digitally restored "The Wizard of Oz"in both 2-D and 3-D versions returns this weekend to Ted Bulthaup's Hollywood Palms in Naperville and Hollywood Blvd. in Woodridge. The 1939 classic musical will be double-billed with James Franco's "Oz the Great and Powerful" at the Blvd.. on Saturday, Nov. 9, and at the Palms on Sunday, Nov. 10. Go to atriptothemovies.com.
• Dann & Raymond's Movie Club presents "Licensed to Thrill! The 007 Explosion,"examining the impact of the James Bond phenomenon 51 years after "Dr. No" debuted. Join me and film historian Raymond Benson (author of six James Bond novels and three 007 novelizations) as we look at the movie knock-offs attempting to cash in on the 1960s spy craze.
Clips from such films as "Our Man Flint," Matt Helm's "The Silencers," "Help!," "Austin Powers International Man of Mystery," "OSS-117 Cairo: Nest of Spies" and nine other Bondian homages will be shown.
It starts at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 14, at the Arlington Heights Memorial Library, 500 N. Dunton Ave., Arlington Heights. Free admission. Go to ahml.info for details.
• Join me (without Raymond) for an evening celebrating the greatest holiday films with "Ho-Ho-Holiday Movies" at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, at the St. Charles Library, 1 S. 6th Ave., St. Charles. Free admission! stcharleslibrary.org.
• Veterans and active military personnel are invited to see the documentary "Honor Flight: One Last Mission" for free at 2:35 and 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 11, at Marcus theaters in Addison, Gurnee, Orland Park and Elgin. ID required. A $5 admission applies to other shows. marcustheaters.com.
• Reeling 31: The Chicago LGBT International Film Festival (the second longest-running LGBT film fest on the planet) continues through Nov. 14 at Chicago's Music Box, Logan Theatre and Chicago Filmmakers with satellite screenings scheduled for the Block Museum of Art at Northwestern University in Evanston, Chicago's DuSable Museum, Sidetrack (3349 N. Halsted St., Chicago) and the Edgewater branch of the Chicago Public Library. Go to reelingfilmfestival.org.
• Daily Herald Film Critic Dann Gire's column runs Fridays in Time out!