• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars stole three men's gold designer watches valued at $18,600, three watches with unknown value, a gold Masonic ring, several antique coins and several bottles of men's cologne overnight Nov. 1 from a home on the 1500 block of West Lillian Avenue. Two pit bulls usually locked in a room were running loose in the house when the owner arrived.
• Burglars broke into a 2012 Land Rover LR2 and a 2012 Toyota RAV4 between 6 and 10 p.m. Nov. 5 in a restaurant lot at 798 W. Algonquin Road and stole a laptop computer valued at $1,500 out of the Land Rover and an empty laptop computer case out of the Toyota.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer and bag valued at $2,000 out of an unlocked 2013 Toyota Tundra and a GPS valued at $100 out of an unlocked 203 GMC Safari van between 1 and 3 a.m. Nov. 4 in a driveway on the 600 block of South Allen.
• Burglars stole a wallet between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Nov. 4 out of an unlocked 2005 CR-V on the 1300 block of West Park and used a debit card in the wallet to purchase over $300 in merchandise from a Target in Elgin and over $27 worth of items from a Meijers.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter from a 1996 Toyota 4Runner between 10:30 and 10:45 a.m. Nov. 2 in a store parking lot at 1860 S. Arlington Heights Road. Value was estimated at $800.
• Burglars broke into a 2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor and 2013 Ford Explorer between 8:15 and 8:59 a.m. Nov. 1 in a lot at Lake Arlington Park, 1400 E. Valley Lane and stole a purse out of each vehicle. One purse contained $140. A value estimate for the other purse was not available.
• Burglars broke into a 2012 Cadillac CTS in a driveway on the 0-100 block of North Rammer and a 2011 Acura TL in a driveway on the 100 block of North Rammer between 9 p.m. Oct. 30 and 6 a.m. Oct. 31 and stole a USB cable out of the Cadillac and $2 in loose change out of the Acura.
• Burglars stole a wallet between 6 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Oct. 31 out of a lunch bag in an unlocked 2001 Toyota Avalon in a driveway on the 3000 block of North Stratford Drive.
• Police said the Internal Revenue Service is warning of a sophisticated phone scam targeting taxpayers, including recent immigrants, in which victims are told they owe money to the IRS and it must be paid promptly through a preloaded debit card or wire transfer. If the victim refuses to cooperate, the person is then threatened with arrest, deportation or suspension of a business or driver's license. In many cases, the caller becomes hostile and insulting. The IRS doesn't use such payment systems or tactics. You can call the IRS at (800) 829-1040.
• Police conducted an additional 27 hours of specialized traffic enforcement to target intoxicated drivers between Oct. 30 and Nov. 2 under a grant-funded crackdown that resulted in these arrests, tickets and warnings: one driving while license revoked, three DUI, 12 speeding, 22 other moving or non-moving violations, and two insurance violations.
• Christian J. Nunez, 21, of the 600 block of East Birchwood Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 3:40 a.m. Nov. 3 on the 1100 block of East Prospect Lane and charged with theft of services, theft and battery. Michael J. Seck, 21 of the 400 block of East Thacker Street Des Plaines was arrested and charged with theft of services and theft. Jeffrey J. Vernola, 21, of the 10400 block of Ann Court GW, Rosemont, was arrested and charged with theft of services. Police reports gave this account: A taxi driver picked up all three subjects in Chicago and drove them to the 1100 Block East Prospect Lane. As they exited the vehicle, two of the men reached into the center console and grabbed the driver's money. The driver grabbed one person's hand, but that person then punched the driver on the left side of his face and finished taking the money. The three fled, but the suspects later were apprehended, charged, and given a court date of Nov. 18.
• A man described as about 32 years old, 5-foot-8, 155 pounds, brown hair, fair complexion, medium build, and wearing light colored blue jeans, leather jacket and large glasses tried to pry the glass condominium sliding door with a screwdriver around 8:40 a.m. Nov. 5 on the 700 block of West Dumpster Street. The male resident heard a noise, saw the man and yelled at him. The offender ran to a silver Honda in the parking lot and fled.
• Vandals shot BB-gun pellets or hurled small rocks between noon and 4 p.m. Nov. 1 that broke three 4-foot by 2-foot windows at a home on the 1900 block of Berry Lane. Damage was estimated at $1,500.
• Burglars stole two new tool boxes still in a box, two tool boxes filled with hand tools, a bag with gold items, a tan overcoat and clothes between Oct. 1 and 28 out of the basement at a home on the 1300 block of Harding Avenue. Value was estimated at $1,500.
• Burglars stole $100 between noon and 11:59 p.m. Nov. 2 out of a home on the 800 block of East Oakton Street.
• Vandals spray painted gang graffiti between 10 p.m. Oct. 31 and 7:55 a.m. Nov. 1 on an apartment building on the 1800 block of Pine Street and on an apartment building on the 1300 block of Prospect Avenue. Vandals also spray painted gang graffiti between 12:58 and 1:16 Oct. 30 at two homes on the 1800 block of South Mannheim Road and 1800 block of Pine Street.
• Three male vandals were seen spray painting graffiti with black paint on a wooden fence at Hertz, 2170 Mannheim Road, between 2:10 and 2:30 p.m. Nov. 2.
• Burglars stole a CD player valued at $150 between 6:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Nov. 1 out of an unlocked Pontiac in a lot at 1300 S. Wolf Road.
• Thieves stole $90 between 4 and 5 p.m. Oct. 30 out of a desk drawer in an unlocked office at UOP, 25 E. Algonquin Road.
• Someone took a wallet between 11:56 a.m. and noon Oct. 30 after the male owner left it on the top of his car as he drove away from a store lot at 101 W. Oakton St. He could not find the wallet when he returned. Value was estimated at $550.
• Burglars stole a wallet between 12:18 a.m. and 12:50 p.m. Nov. 4 out of an unlocked Lexus in a store lot at 1585 Rand Road. Someone used a credit card and debit card in the wallet to make several purchases for gas, food and movie tickets. Value was estimated at $25.
• Burglars stole a bicycle valued a $600 between Oct. 18 and Nov. 2 out of a locked garage on the 1700 block of Sycamore Street.
• Thieves stole the metal trailer hitch between 8 a.m. Nov. 3 and 8 a.m. Nov. 4 from a Ford F-250 truck on the 1200 block of West Algonquin Road. Value was estimated at $250.
• Thieves stole $1,500 between 1 and 3 a.m. Nov. 3 out of a jacket pocket in a coat check station in Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road.
• Robert W. Hines Jr., 25, of the 1200 block of North Sterling Avenue, Palatine, was arrested around 12:12 a.m. Oct. 26 in his apartment parking lot and charged with burglary to motor vehicle. Police reports said Hines was accused of stealing a pair of antique binoculars out of a 2005 Kia.
• Shauna C. Amigleo, 27, of the 2300 block of Castilian, Palatine, and Lisa M. Damico, 34, of the 1300 block of West Oakmont, Hoffman Estates, were arrested Oct. 28 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw them hide jewelry and clothing items in their purses after removing the tags. Value was estimated at $365.
• Kelly R. Collins, 26, of the 600 block of Holly Court, Addison, was arrested around 12:52 a.m. Nov. 3 on Palatine Road at Northwest Highway and charged with illegal transportation of alcohol, traffic violation, and DUI.
• Burglars stole a money clip valued at $30 between 10 p.m. Oct. 26 and noon Oct. 27 out of an unlocked 2005 Mazda on the 1100 block of West Palatine Road.
• Burglars stole a camera lens valued at $500, a pair of headphones, iPod, and pocket knife between 9 p.m. Oct. 25 and 5 a.m. Oct. 26 out of an unlocked 2005 Scion on the 300 block of East Carpenter Drive.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer valued at $1,400 between 1 and 10:30 a.m. Oct. 27 out of an apartment on the 400 block of North Bayside Drive by climbing through an unlocked and open window.
• Thieves stole two storm sewer grates between Oct. 10 and Nov. 1. on Elizabeth between Yellowstone and Lake Street. A similar report was made Oct. 10.
• Burglars stole a cellphone and charger valued at $80, a garage door opener, and several business cards around 2 a.m. Oct. 31 out of car on the 900 block of Oakridge Drive.
• Thieves stole a semi-tractor and trailer Oct. 26 out of a lot at 412 E. North Ave.