The entire route of the Inaugural Edward Hospital Naperville Marathon and Half Marathon will be closed and designated a no-parking tow zone from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, and detours will be in effect around the following major streets at the times listed:
• Washington Street from Aurora Avenue to Martin Avenue 6:45 to 8:45 a.m.
• 75th Street from Plainfield/Naperville Road to Book Road 6:30 to 8:45 a.m.
• Book Road from 75th Street to 87th Street 6:30 to 8:45 a.m.
• Washington Street from Bailey Road to Ring Road 7:30 to 10 a.m.
• Bailey Road from Washington Street to Coach Drive 7:30 to 10 a.m.
• Hobson Road from Washington Street to Olesen Drive 8 a.m. to noon
• Eastbound Gartner Road from Washington Street to Julian Street 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. (westbound traffic can pass using Grace United Methodist Church)
A traffic control plan on the city's website at naperville.il.us/napervillemarathon.aspx shows the complete route, road closures, no-parking zones, roads allowing only local traffic and areas where police and volunteers will be controlling traffic to allow runners to follow the course safely. Organizers say many blocked streets will be "rolling closures," opened as soon as possible after all runners pass by.