Thornton Wilder's Pulitzer Prize-winning play Our Town will be presented four times by the Theatre Program at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart. All performances are in the Susan Saint James Performing Arts Center at Woodlands Academy, 760 E. Westleigh Road, Lake Forest, on the following dates:
• Thursday, Nov. 7 at 7 p.m.
Contact information ( * required )
• Friday, Nov. 8 at 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 9 at 7 p.m.
• Sunday, Nov. 10 at 2 p.m.
Our Town, which originally appeared on Broadway in 1938, explores the circle of life (growing up, adulthood and death) in its three acts. This drama of life in a mythical New Hampshire village has become an American classic with universal appeal.
According to director Idona Griffith, Woodlands Academy's drama coordinator, "In discovering the timeless treasure that is Our Town, the girls and I have become more aware and more appreciative of our lives and the lives of those around us. It has been a real privilege and a true pleasure to work with these amazing young women in presenting [Chicago director] David Cromer's recent vision of Thornton Wilder's masterpiece."
Featured in the Woodlands Academy production are:
• Sophomore Eleanor Randolph of Lake Forest as Stage Manager
• Sophomore Lucy Barnhart of Lake Forest as George Gibbs
• Senior Grace Reyes of Kenilworth as Emily Webb
• Senior Anna Fuente of Waukegan as Dr. Gibbs
• Junior Maddie Wenc of Lake Forest as Mrs. Gibbs
• Senior Chloe Sherer of Highland Park as Mr. Webb
• Sophomore Eleanore van Marwijk Kooy of Lake Barrington as Mrs. Webb
Ticket prices are $8 in advance/$10 at the door. Call the school, (847) 234-4300, to request tickets in advance of a performance.
Founded in 1858, Woodlands Academy is an independent Catholic college preparatory day and boarding high school for young women, and part of a worldwide network of Sacred Heart Schools that spans 19 cities in the United States and 44 countries around the world. A nonprofit, Woodlands Academy's identity is rooted in Saint Madeleine Sophie Barat's desire to inspire young hearts and minds to excel, to lead lives of integrity and to serve. For more information about Woodlands Academy, please visit www.woodlandsacademy.org